PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide on my next purchase

BamaMac54
December 5, 2005, 04:05 PM
I've got several handguns and am looking to add to the family for Christmas. I'm pretty much narrowed it down to another 1911, although much simpler than my souped-up Colt Series 80 Mark IV with all the custom stuff. I was thinking about a basic 1911, and was intrigued to know Colt was remaking the series 70 1911s. The price is at the top of my price range, but I didn't know if there were some great buys on basic 1911s out there that just out-Colted the Colt. I would like something with a good trigger especially, as I have been tempted by Springfields, but their triggers are unbearable. (And no, the green S.A. GI is not my idea of an attractive gun).

I have a special place in my heart for the Horse, as I have always thought if it's not a Colt it's a copy. What do y'all think?

High Planes Drifter
December 5, 2005, 04:13 PM
Sounds like you pretty much have your mind made up.(?) I have thousands of rounds thru my GI and no problem with the trigger ; what have you heard about them?

BamaMac54
December 5, 2005, 10:34 PM
I've heard that Springfield 1911 Triggers are extremely heavy from the factory. Also, this was intended to see if anyone had any info on the new Colt 70 Series pistols....

H&K4Life
December 6, 2005, 10:37 PM
The Springfield Champion has a 3.5-4lbs trigger, 4-inch barrel, usually comes "loaded"...$700. Does this suck for your taste?

aspen1964
December 6, 2005, 10:47 PM
..only the individual himself can decide on his taste...I don't make much money these days...I paid a lot of cash for my Colt Gov't 45...I would have liked the gun to be less popular hence a lower value..but don't regret my choice the least bit...

BamaMac54
December 8, 2005, 12:26 AM
what's the difference between the Mil-Spec Spingers and the GI 45s? A stainless Mil-Spec caught my eye...