PDA

View Full Version : Brookfied precision M14 gas piston

oberkommando
October 15, 1999, 04:13 AM
Would like to know if anyone with web site sells these pistons? Heard of William Ricca, is there a site.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON

HankL
October 15, 1999, 06:50 PM
Wm Ricca has an ad in SGN from time to time.
I grabbed up 4 that were laying around and not one add. Fulton Armory usually has them
http://fulton-armory.com/Fulton1.htm but they don't have an on line shopping service. They do list a fax number.
If you can't find one email me and I'll get one for you!
Good Shooting, Hank

oberkommando
October 16, 1999, 03:20 AM
Thanks Hank, will let you know if i have no luck.

HankL
October 16, 1999, 10:16 AM
I found an ad for William J. Ricca. No web site or email listed. 610-298-2748 They say to call for the price and availability of
the Brookfield gas piston.

dog3
October 16, 1999, 02:31 PM
What is the advantage of a precision gas
piston in a M14?

In my ignorance, I sorta thought it was a go/no go sorta thing.

thanx in advance for any enlightenment.

HankL
October 16, 1999, 05:58 PM
dog3, The Brookfield gas piston is made to the correct specs and is coated with titanium nitride. The coating seems to make it more resistant to fouling and burning and is very easy to clean. The cost is not much more than a USGI part. Brookfield Precision also make a NM spring guide for the M1A.
Hank

[This message has been edited by HankL (edited October 16, 1999).]

4V50 Gary
October 16, 1999, 08:54 PM
A well fitted gas piston can make a difference in the accuracy of the M14. Some military armorers would try out several and see which one worked best with a particular gun.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

oberkommando
October 17, 1999, 03:22 AM
Have heard somewhere on this site that owner of brookfield worked in the original Spingfield Armory, working on real M14 rifles, should be able to trust his knowledge and skill in manufacturing parts for this gun, don't really care how much, just give me somehting I can count on besides my Ruger No 1.

oberkommando
October 17, 1999, 03:26 AM
Thanks Again HankL, I'll give call.

------------------
The beauty of the second Amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it. T JEFFERSON