PDA

View Full Version : Stiff mag release on XD?

SCCop
November 28, 2005, 06:36 PM
I haven't been on in a while, so excuse me if I've missed this one on another thread. I love my XD 40, but the mag release button is stiff as the dickens. I often have to reposition my hand (which isn't small) to get enough leverage and my thumb gets sore pretty quick. Any other XD owners have this problem and will it lossen itself up over time? Thanks.

poortrader
November 28, 2005, 10:16 PM
Sometimes when my mag is fully loaded it is hard to push the release. Is this the same situation that your problem occur?

gen
November 29, 2005, 12:43 AM
How new is the gun? Mine was pretty stiff at first (just like the damned magazines!) but 1800 rounds later, its fine.

pdjplano
November 29, 2005, 12:55 AM
mine has about 1200 rounds through it and no problems whatsover, including the mag release. doesn't take much to release it really, both sides work equally well... i haven't noticed much difference between mag 1 and mag 120 either, so one data point for you anyway...

SCCop
November 29, 2005, 09:34 AM
It is still fairly new, I don't have as much time to shoot as I would like. It's only had maybe 100-200 rounds so far. I normally shoot with full mags, so I'll cut a few rounds out and see if it helps. If not, I guess it'll just have to be broken in.

topspin43
November 29, 2005, 06:52 PM
Try WD-40 until it loosens, then blow out with air (I use keyboard air) and lube with CLP. WD can rust your frame after prolonged periods.