PDA

View Full Version : New CZ 75

kframe357
November 26, 2005, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone. I just picked up a CZ 75 DAO (9mm) today for $375 NIB. I want to shoot in some competitions next year, will this be an adequate gun for that?

Majic
November 26, 2005, 08:35 AM
Depending on how well you shoot it you may have handicapped yourself with the DAO trigger.

kymasabe
November 26, 2005, 05:21 PM
Personally, I think CZ-75's are awesome for competition. The DAO thing you'll get used to. There are hundreds of Glock shooters out there who don't feel handicapped so why should you. The only thing I see a potential problem with is your caliber choice. IPSC rules figure a 9mm is a minor load and there is some kind of penalty when it comes to scoring. A .40cal would have been a better choice for serious competition but if you're not hard-core about the competition thing and are just getting started and prefer cheap ammo, them 9mm is the way to go. It's a good place to start. You'll do fine.

kframe357
November 27, 2005, 10:31 AM
Thank you. I'm not going hardcore into it. But wanted to try it out.
I already had a .40 Sig, that's why I went with the 9mm.
And by the way, I bought a Browning Buckmark (.22) with a heavy barrel yesterday at a show for $200 :D .

eerw
November 27, 2005, 11:13 AM
I did not realize they made a DAO only model..is it the decocker model???

the CZ is a great competition gun..the 75 will do will in USPSA production and IDPA SSP..both division are scored minor..so 9mm or a really downloaded .40 are the way to go..and with 9mm ammo so cheap..you can't beat competing and practicing with it..

I played around with a 75 earlier this year in production, but ended up switching to a CZSP01 because I like the frame a lot better. I wish I understood why they make the 75/85 frame different than the 75SA or the SP01 frame..anyway..

good gun..it will do you well...if you want to upgrade it at any time..
Angus Hobdell, Matt Mink, or Jim Miossi can do great action work..you can get good competition sights from Angus too..

have fun

Eric Larsen
November 27, 2005, 12:53 PM
No the DAO gun isnt a decocker. Its a DAO trigger with no other controls. I dont think youll like the gun for competition. CZ dropped it after a couple of years because of poor sales....
Get the SA or the trad. DA/SA trigger gun for Competition. The trigger pull is too far and so is the reset for fast/competitive shooting on ANY level.
Shoot well...........youll love the gun for what you want it for.

eerw
November 27, 2005, 01:12 PM
thanks Eric..

learn something all the time..
:)

Majic
November 27, 2005, 01:42 PM
The DAO thing you'll get used to. There are hundreds of Glock shooters out there who don't feel handicapped so why should you.
There is a major difference in the Glock's trigger and the CZ's DAO trigger. It was explained above, but try them both yourself and you will understand.
I wish I understood why they make the 75/85 frame different than the 75SA or the SP01 frame..anyway..
What difference is there in the 75SA frame and the standard 75?

Eric Larsen
November 27, 2005, 04:39 PM
Majic,
The SA frame was the first 75B gun that has the upswept beavertail and a little different shape to it. Its modeled after the IPSC frame in some ways. Its my favorite fullsize CZ............drool.
Shoot well.

czf
November 27, 2005, 07:53 PM
The CZ75 DAO is the most rare of the B series guns. You don't see them often, but some people..especially new shooters really like them. You can really
build up a rythem with the trigger pull. They are also very safe to carry...
a point and shoot CZ:)

kframe357
November 28, 2005, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the great info everyone. I'm going to try it out, worst that can happen is I buy another gun :D.

Hey czf, you mentioned that it is more rare than other 75's, should this alter the work load I put it through? Is there a higher value to it? Just wondering.