PDA

View Full Version : recoil pad

myrondizzo
November 20, 2005, 12:36 PM
i just got a savage 111 7mm rem mag after shooting it a bit decided i need a better recoil pad. i cant decide between limbsaver and pachmyer. i have a slip on limbsaver that fits but im sure if fixed ones would be more efficent. any suggestions?

Fremmer
November 20, 2005, 01:54 PM
If you have a synthetic stock, the slip-on pad will be fine. But if you keep the slip-on pad on a wood stock, the wood underneath the pad will become discolored.

Ruger4570
November 21, 2005, 07:39 PM
Ditto on the discolorization, been there ,, done it,, also a refinish job to fix it.

Coltdriver
November 21, 2005, 09:02 PM
I put a limbsaver on a .450 Marlin (same as a magnum 45/70) I used the limbsaver that replaces the stock butt plate on my synthetic Encore. Its a screw on, perfect fit. It is, I am certain, the only reason I can shoot the rifle. The limbsaver is so good that the rifle did not bruise my shoulder. A little red, yes, but no bruise after 18 rounds. I don't flinch when I shoot it because there is no actual pain. Definitely a lot of kick, but nothing to induce a flinch.

myrondizzo
November 21, 2005, 09:11 PM
so which is better the slip on or the fixed one?

Lycanthrope
November 21, 2005, 10:38 PM
Fixed is better with the Pachmyr Decelerator, Limbsaver and Kick-eez all doing a nice job.

myrondizzo
November 21, 2005, 11:05 PM
thanks guys looks like i have some shopping to do.:)