PDA

View Full Version : New shotgun

odie072
November 12, 2005, 09:12 AM
Hi. I'm new to this site, been browsing for a few weeks and I'd like to say you have a great forum. Bought a new SG yesterday, a Moss M590A1, haven't shot it yet but I can't wait. Here's a pic:
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d89/odie072/PICT0012-2.jpg

A quick question...I'm interested in getting a Knoxx Specops stock. On the webpage its states its for a Mossberg 500, 590 etc. but farther down the page is states "doesn't fit the Mossberg 590DA" What is the 590DA?? Is that the same as the A1??

Thanks for a great forum and all the knowledge i've found so far.

odie072

mtnboomer
November 13, 2005, 05:53 AM
I believe the 590 and 590A1 are the same gun, just different version. The 590DA uses a little different system than the standard 500/590.

L-2
November 13, 2005, 05:22 PM
The Mossberg 590DA is (was) a shotgun which had a "double-action" trigger-pull-feel. For some reason, it is no longer on Mossberg's website. Perhaps it's been discontinued. The trigger-guard of the "DA" had a different shape. See the attached image, below.

You have a great shotgun. I have one just like it.

Just another comment. I often switch my straight stock to a pistol-gripped Speedfeed IV-S, but always end up going back to the straight stock, for some reason.

odie072
January 2, 2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry its taken me so long to respond back, too many hours worked I guess!:rolleyes: L-2, I really like the stock thats on it (its a "shorty" version), but I do like a pistol grip stock also,( to many years carring the M-16 I guess)!! What to do???:confused:

Thanks again
Odie072

HGKosteck
January 3, 2006, 05:35 PM
Just my .02, but, I like keeping shotguns pretty simple.

I've modified mine pretty much as far as I'm going to (Mossy 500)
with a vertical foregrip, and, a sidesaddle shell holder.

I put a buttstock
shell holder on the stock too, but, I can just pop that right off.

Maybe ya oughta pick up an AR-15 varient to ease your pistol grip
jones :)

Dave McC
January 3, 2006, 05:37 PM
Before you go changing it all around.....

Get a case of light loads and use them up. Maybe a couple cases. That shotgun needs little right now, and it'll take just a few sessions for you to figure out what it (and you) needs.

BA/UU/R....