PDA

View Full Version : DAO with Revolver like Trigger????

rjksx1
November 6, 2005, 09:32 AM
does one exist? opinions please?

KurtC
November 6, 2005, 10:26 AM
Any Beretta "D" model will have a buttery smooth full stroke trigger. Any 3rd Generation S&W DAO model will have a smooth short stroke trigger. The models made in the 1990's are slightly better than the recent TSW models.

mete
November 6, 2005, 10:45 AM
Kahr, HK LEM trigger, SIG DAK trigger. These are all 8 lbs or less and very smooth.

Jkwas
November 6, 2005, 11:06 AM
I was at a gun store that let me dry fire several DAO auto's to asess their trigger pull. Both my wife and I tried them out, since she finds even my revolver difficult to shoot in DA. Believe it or not, the smoothest, lightest, trigger pull belonged to the Taurus Millenium Pro Pt111. Even my children can pull it over and over with no problem (using snap caps of course).
Among the guns we tried were the Keltec, Glock, and Kahr.

Dfariswheel
November 6, 2005, 02:25 PM
Of all the DAO autos, the MOST revolver-like is the Kahr Arms.

The Kahr is famous for it's trigger, which most users say feels like as well-tuned S&W revolver trigger.

Hammerhead
November 6, 2005, 02:36 PM
One of the smoothest traditional (not glock or kahr etc..) DA pulls was the suprisingly smooth Ruger P95. The SA pull was awfull, so I didn't buy it.
Sig Sauer would be my choice if I had to buy a DAO pistol.

flycaster
November 6, 2005, 05:07 PM
Dry fired a Sig P229 DAK today. The pull was very similar to a good DA revolver. If I had $759 (or thereabouts) burning the proverbial hole in my pocket, I might go for that. Two LEO's of my acquaintance, who are also outstanding shooters, have gone over to the DAK for all their duty work.

Chuck

bedula32
November 6, 2005, 06:10 PM
Try a 24/7 trigger out. Very nice DAO.

PAINTRAIN
November 6, 2005, 11:14 PM
Dry fired a Sig P229 DAK today. The pull was very similar to a good DA revolver. If I had $759 (or thereabouts) burning the proverbial hole in my pocket, I might go for that. Two LEO's of my acquaintance, who are also outstanding shooters, have gone over to the DAK for all their duty work.

Chuck

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun_reviews/sig070606/

Thats the one, I just bought a 226 HSP 1 of 1000. The trigger is the smoothest and lightest I have ever felt on an auto, aside from an LDA. 6 1/2 LB in full length mode, or instead of letting the trigger fully reset you can fire it from a very short halfway point (Almost like single action) with an increased weight of 8 1/2 LB.