PDA

View Full Version : Wolff recoil spring for Kel-Tec P3AT ??

kymasabe
October 30, 2005, 10:50 PM
I heard recently that Wolff may be coming out soon with a stiffer recoil spring for the Kel-Tec P3AT. My question is, what benefit will that have for me? Should I buy one? Will I need to change ammo or switch to a +P if I use the spring?

If the factory has "tuned" my P3AT to fire/feed/eject Federal Hydro-Shoks perfectly, should I really be messing around with it, possibly making it less reliable?

Lastly, will the spring create more felt recoil, or if the spring requires the use of a +P or hot load, would I really want to use that in the P3AT. The thing is hard enough to hang on to already. :confused:

michael t
October 30, 2005, 11:33 PM
If it ain't broke don't mess. As I remember you had trouble with that pistol already. Leave it alone if working. Also their no+P in 380.

kymasabe
October 31, 2005, 10:18 AM
I had heard that there was no +P for .380 but doesn't Santa Barbara ammo kinda push the limits and is regarded as a pretty hot load, almost what some would consider a +P pressure?

Not that it really makes a difference to me. I'm a big fan of Hydro-Shoks and will probably start carrying the Cor-Bon .380 DPX once available.