PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Mossberg 590 Mariner (12G)

AndrewTB
October 20, 2005, 10:35 PM
Keep an eye on one. Just want opinions on it. Im looking at the 12 Gauge model.

monkeymunch
October 21, 2005, 11:54 AM
I picked mine up on auction arms for $200 slightly used. I love it. I really like the finish. I got the 20" with the 8 shot tube. Mine is for home defense.. depending on what you want it for keep an eye out for the 500atd marinecote factory topfolder that is marked quebec police department. that is what I really wanted but missed out on it. there are alot our there they sell for about $300.
I got my 590 and it had a problem with the saftey (seems to be the main problem with mossbergs) but I sent it to the factory for warrety repair. keep an eye out for a good deal and good luck. I see the same gun I bought at shows for $400.

rugerdude
October 21, 2005, 12:21 PM
Great gun! The only gun I've shot a perfect round of skeet with. I love the 590, I don't have any trouble with the safety because I don't mess with mine.

Great gun, but what's your inteded purpose? The mossberg 500 persuader will fill the home defense role at half the price, but your shell capacity goes from 9 with the 590 to 6 with the persuader.

somethingmustdie
October 23, 2005, 03:11 PM
I think the mossberg style looks really cool, but the remington finish is definately way cleaner.

Lucky 7
October 23, 2005, 04:03 PM
I love mine! Had one as a civilian, got into the Marines and used (I was way ahead on the powercurb on that one) then we switched to the new beneili shotgun (M1014). Get one theyre great!
Semper Fi!
-L7