PDA

View Full Version : Systema Colts

CaptainSKA
October 16, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hey guys, I just found this website:

http://www.cruffler.com/JLD.html

and they're selling Systema Colts for $300...

I don't know much about these, other than their history (licensed by Colt to Argentina, blah, blah, blah...) But how do they shoot? Are they a good buy for a project gun? I'm looking for something with some modern niceties (night sights, ambi safety, beavertail grip safety, etc...) but I could buy something at this price and build up to that instead of investing all the money now... But I don't want to buy a clunker that will never shoot decent.

So what's the story on these? Do they have problems loading ammo other than ball ammo, like I've heard about older 1911's?

Thanks guys,

Kevin

Sir William
October 16, 2005, 01:00 PM
I was under the impression that Cruffler was out of business. Sistemas are pre-war Colts for all intents and purposes. I have seen them go from $200.00 to $800.00.

CaptainSKA
October 16, 2005, 01:40 PM
I have no idea, I just found the website while google-ing the systema colts...

Jim Watson
October 16, 2005, 03:21 PM
I think this is kind of a fossil website. Their latest biweekly special was for October 2000. Systemas seem to run in the $400+ price range these days. They are decent quality guns of variable condition, however the Argies turned them in. But you might do better to get a Springfield Mil-Spec for a project gun.

CaptainSKA
October 16, 2005, 03:55 PM
Sure, if they're in the neighborhood of $400, I might as well, then I'll be starting with a new gun of known condition...

Oh well...

OBIWAN
October 17, 2005, 11:30 AM
last updated Feb 2002

rellascout
October 17, 2005, 11:43 AM
A nice custom was just soldon this board for $400 I missed out my a few hours. They are very nice for the money.

CaptainSKA
October 17, 2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I saw it and saw Wild Alaska's response to it and that's what made me look into them... Before then I didn't really know much about it.