PDA

View Full Version : Kahr Lawsuit???

MontyCop05
October 8, 2005, 07:27 PM
Ok, well i posted a thread about an off-duty weapon, Im pretty much decided on the H&K p2000 sk in 40.cal. Many suggested a Kahr among others. I was considering a PM-40 for a second off-duty if i so choose to carry on the ankle. But since then i have been told by more than a few to stay away from the Kahrs, due to lawsuits steming from malfunctions when used in off-duty situations by LEO's. Anyone have knowledge?

mete
October 8, 2005, 08:55 PM
Kahrs have been officially accepted for off duty by the NYPD so what's the problem ? I think every gun company has been sued .

BobK
October 8, 2005, 10:22 PM
That's a load of crap. Whoever tells you that stuff needs to prove it. So many rumors and false accusations are started by anti gunners. There is nothing wrong with carrying the Kahr. I think you'll be happy with it. Besides, if you need to use it a lawsuit would be the last thing on my mind.

AndrewTB
October 8, 2005, 11:01 PM
I always thought Kahr was a pretty reliable gun manufacture.

BobK
October 8, 2005, 11:37 PM
To add: didn't they just pass legislation to make it harder to sue the gun makers? I think they did.

Dfariswheel
October 9, 2005, 12:01 AM
I would strongly suspect that Kahr, with it's longer revolver-like trigger, has had a LOT fewer lawsuits and complaints than say, Glock.

I know Glock has been sued a number of times, but I don't hear anyone reputable calling for people to not buy Glock because of "malfunctions".

In short.....BS!

MontyCop05
October 10, 2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys, thats pretty much what i figured anyway, just thought some of you might know what the hell people are talking about.

exoduster16
October 10, 2005, 02:05 PM
Yeah the Senate passed the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act...but the House has yet to pass it...I hope they do. Anti-gunners are gonna hate us forever with the passing of this....lol:D . I could care less about them. So far as I have seen though, it's not on the house docket yet, so i don't know when it's coming up for vote.....

Sulaco2
October 10, 2005, 04:56 PM
Approved by my Dept. after SWAT tried to beat one to death and failed. :D

srfl
October 10, 2005, 10:47 PM
Two Kahr 9mm's, a P9 Covert and PM9, are my off-duty primary and backup guns, respectively.

I managed to shoot my agency's course of fire (the FLETC standard course) posting a 296 out of 300 with my P9 Covert. I haven't been able to do that with my duty Sigarms P229 .40 S&W.

The Kahr's are nice guns; some need at least 200 rounds to be broken in. My PM9 did, but not my Covert.

catbyter
October 11, 2005, 11:52 PM
I seriously doubt that info is completely accurate. I carry two Kahrs and use them as roughly as I can and have never had problems. There is just nothing to go wrong with them other that crappy ammo. very simple safe reliable guns, no if and or buts about it.

mikikanazawa
October 13, 2005, 01:25 AM
I'll add my little anecdote. I bought a K9 (all steel) in 2001 and it was constantly breaking small parts. Kahr may have fixed this by now, but the problems were often enough and close enough together that I stopped using it as my daily carry. It just sits in the safe now, pretty much.

Each time I called Kahr for a replacement part they did send it promptly. When they asked for the guns serial # and I told them, they always commented that the gun was just barely out their door (in 2001). So it wasn't an old model that'd been sitting on a shelf for a year or three and was a "growing pain" model.

Double Naught Spy
October 13, 2005, 11:48 AM
Go back to your source and have your source provide you with the citation or link information to verify what the supposed suit actually is. I have never heard of off duty malfunction lawsuits. How many could there be? Just how many officers have been involved in off duty shooting where they used a Kahr and just how many of those officers had a Kahr malfunction and have filed suit against Kahr?

Sorry, that just sounds way too hokey. I think somebody is blowing smoke up your skirt. What? You don't wear skirts? I rest my case.

skiro98
October 13, 2005, 01:19 PM
I live in the same town where Kahrs are manufactured - so I see all the local headlines.

...the only lawsuit I've seen involving Kahr is the time some idiot that worked there was sneaking parts out the door in his clothes - making his own gun. Then sold it to someone who eventually used it in a murder.

Unfortunatley Kahr lost that lawsuit.

Steve