PDA

View Full Version : S&W 1911sc or Colt Night Commander

PeterGunn
October 2, 2005, 11:35 PM
Well now that my 4506-1 has sold I am ready to move to phase #2 of my plan. As I have stated on other posts, I have gone to the dark side and fallen in love with the 1911 design, mine being a SW1911. I am looking for a Commander length to go with the full size model I already have.

I have narrowed down my choices to two:

1. A NIB S&W 1911PD (Commander length slide with the Scandium frame). Price would be 799.00 + tax out the door.

2. I have found a Colt LW Night Commander that appears to be only slightly used for 795.00 + tax out the door.

I am not looking for brand loyalist kool-aid drinkers, but actual experience with either or both of these models. I guess I am asking ya'll what would you do?

God Bless

n3twrkm4n
October 3, 2005, 07:41 AM
Being a fan of Colt I would strongly suggest the colt 1911... I've held a few, (not your specific model) and I loved them. A lot of the time your paying for name though, have you looked into any of the Springfield Armory 1911's?

They offer pretty good models for the 1911 series in their 'fully loaded' lineup.

www.springfieldarmory.com for easier browsing.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your purchase

at-home-daddy
October 3, 2005, 11:21 AM
I had the same decision to make about a half-year ago, and went w/ the S&W. The last six months of flawless performance from this fine pistol makes me even more confident that I made the correct choice.

TonyDe
October 3, 2005, 03:46 PM
Don't think twice go for the S&W 1911. I've guns form Les Baer, Ed Brown, Springfield, Kimber, Colt and Night Hawk (yea I know I'm a 1911 slut) but sincerly these new smiths shoot straight are reliable and well made. They can be bought a discount and represent terrific value. I don't want to disrespect Colt but the truth be known Colt today is not the company it once was. Yes they still have the name but the stuff they build over the last 20 years was less than optimum. The new guns are improved somewhat but they are expensive relative to the competition. Seems to me that by current standards Colt is asking a lot more than what I think their guns are worth.