PDA

View Full Version : Sig Mosquito Problems

AR FUN
September 27, 2005, 07:49 AM
Has anyone had any problems with the Sig Mosquito? I bought one a couple of weeks ago and have had nothing but feed problems since then. I have tried a variety of ammo including the higher power rounds. I tried changing the recoil spring, lubing it up, and a good thorough cleaning but nothing seems to help. The magazine appears to stack the rounds in a semi-staggered position and the spring seems to want to stick at times. I was just wondering if any other Mosquito owners have had these type of problems and what was done to eliminate them.

Colt1903
September 27, 2005, 09:27 PM
I am having the same problems. I have not had the opportunity to polish the feed ramp or check the magazine lips yet, but I cannot imagine either of those are the problem if several people are having the same problems

MartinR
September 28, 2005, 06:35 AM
A friend of mine sent his Mosquito back to the factory TWICE and they finally sent him a new gun. I don't remember all of the problems, but one that comes to mind was excess clearance on the extractor.

I seem to remember that Sig recommended OILING your ammo before shooting!!!! Rediculous requirement IMHO.

Good luck.

AR FUN
September 28, 2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for the input. I bought it based on the same quality that I have found with my Sig 229 and Sig 220 which I have never had a problem. I purchased the Mosquito as just a plinker but would expect anything carrying the Sig name to be a high quality product. I sold a Walther P22 than was picky with ammo but was more reliable than the Mosquito and at a considerably lesser cost. Again thanks for the input.

sig-it
September 28, 2005, 05:50 PM
i am a big sig fan, but was never impressed by the reviews of the mosquito.. when i read the first range reports, they were not near as accurate as i have come to expect from the sig name, and well i never really saw the need for a .22 that looked like my 226. my question was always...why would one want an incredibly short barrel .22?

i am sorry to hear of your problems with the mosquito....

you might want to check out www.sigforums.com

Majic
September 28, 2005, 06:32 PM
Not many people have had any good things to say about the Mosquito other than the looks. There have been quite a few comments on several forums about them and the general concensus is to stay away from them for now.

CobrayCommando
September 28, 2005, 06:35 PM
You know what needs to happen? Say it with me peoples: A .22 conversion kit for every model SIG! Damn ammo is expensive as hell! :D

yaotlone
October 4, 2005, 11:20 PM
yeah i just got mine,,,and im just hoping that it needs to be broken in,,,it already seems like it but well see...its cool for a plinker,,its built well enough,,but wouldnt plan on using it as a defense weapon ofcourse.

HighValleyRanch
October 5, 2005, 12:09 AM
I went with the Sig 4.5 inch standard trailside for 400.00 and am totally happy with it. Accurate, nice trigger pull and nice looking to boot!

Actually, it's a Sig/Hammerli.

GodblessAmerica
October 5, 2005, 12:12 AM
My thoughts are the same as Majic's. Hold off for now. Too many gun mfgr.s are still like the US auto mfgr.s of the late '70's and early 80's. New models may be trouble waiting to happen. Bear in mind SIG is one of my top 3 favorite brand guns, but it seems that many mfgr.s still make some "not so good ones" at launch. Whether design is at fault or lack of good quality assurance is at fault is always debatable, but I just don't trust the new designs or QA until they have some rounds behind them. With SIG's, though will they come around? Probably soooooon :) .

yaotlone
October 29, 2005, 09:59 PM
just posting an update,,,for the money,i love the lil beast....i will keep you updated,especially if theres anything negative.