PDA

View Full Version : Hastings Laser Accurate Slugs - HOLY COW!!

FrontSight
September 26, 2005, 10:40 AM
Anybody else try these slugs yet? I did yesterday, and all I can say is HOLY COW...

Picked up a shotgun yesterday, and also sighted in my bolt action Savage slug gun. I was shooting Remington Core Lockts, and they were ok, but not great groups (about 2 - 3 inches at 50 yards, and a hell of a kick).

So the dealer tells me Hastings has new slugs that are supposed to be great and this & that. This is the same thing he told me about the Remintongs the year before, but I figure what the heck, lemme try a box, what have I got to lose.

And oh my god, amazing - I wound up shooting 4 boxes, one target per box, each box destroyed the middle of a Sight N See target.

The even better part: they cost about 50% less than the remingtons, and the kick was about 25% less, too. Either way I gotta put a limbsaver on that thing. Hahaha

Just wondering if anyone has tried them? I'm also suspecting that I did better with them because I got more comfortable shooting them due to the lower kick, so I wasn't flinching as much - I know for a fact I kept it more centered; those kind of "I know that was a good shot" shots where you don't even have to look becuase you know it went well. With the remingtons I was cringing with ever shot...

Either way, anybody try these yet?

Ruger4570
September 26, 2005, 04:44 PM
I haven't had a chance to try them yet, but will soon. I shoot hundreds of slugs every year and probably every brand out there. Shooting from a bench is brutal at times, so I use a "sissy" bag. It is simply and old shot bag that I have filled with old used up tumble media, It is light and conforms to me and the gun well. Sand works as well, just a little heavier. The slugs sound good too..

cdc
September 26, 2005, 11:22 PM
Where to purchase these slugs? Are they rifled 12ga. slugs?

Thanks,

cdc

EV1L
September 27, 2005, 12:36 AM
"Where to purchase these slugs? Are they rifled 12ga. slugs?

Thanks,

cdc"

Cdc, try this link: http://www.hastingsammunition.com/id2.html

cdc
September 27, 2005, 12:59 AM
ahhh, sabot only. Thanks for the link Evil.

cdc

'75Scout
September 27, 2005, 10:19 PM
Is there any way to get them in Texas? Will they work in non rifled 12 guages? I'm still a little unexperienced with shotgun slugs and started for hd reasons.