PDA

View Full Version : Beretta Day

Spineshank95
September 24, 2005, 08:17 PM
Well a local shop had Beretta day today. Me and two of the guys from work decided to go check it out. Needless to say they had some good deals on the Berettas. They also had free rentals on the Berettas and free range time for whatever you had. Well after looking for a bit, my buddy decided to go with the 92FS with the Crimson Trace laser grips on it for $729, not a bad deal. I ended up buying one of the new .22lr's they just came out with, the Neos for $249. Not one FTF or FTE with the Neos. The 92FS on the other hand had quite a few FTE, about every other round. After the first 30-40 round, I tried it and did not have one FTE. Gave it back to him and again the same problem. I tried it with no problems one more time then informed him he must be "limp wristing" it. Well he didnt like that to much, but after he held on to it better and started shooting, no more problems. I definatly like the 92FS and the Crimson Trace grips are a nice add on. All in all it was a good day and just figured I'd share with everyone.

Larry C.
September 24, 2005, 09:17 PM
Howdy,

I'm new to the Beretta 92FS, but am very impressed with them! I own two now. Bought my first one 6 mos ago and have some 2,000+ rounds through it. No FTF's or FTE.
I use only Pietro Beretta Magazines (Made in Italy) with whatever cheap target ammo I can procure (Usually CCI blazer-DIRT cheap!). For CCW I load up with plain Winchester White Box 147 gr HP's in non +P. I have confidance in my Beretta 92FS. It's the most reliable Semi-auto I've owned.

Larry C.

IM_Lugger
September 24, 2005, 09:23 PM
The 92FS on the other hand had quite a few FTE, about every other round. :eek: is that even possible? I have never had a problem with my beretta 92fs and not a single ftf or fte even when I limp wristed it (on purpous). I've never seen a beretta fail ever...

Mark54g
September 24, 2005, 10:59 PM
Congrats on the Neos. Which model did you get? What ammo were ya using?

Spineshank95
September 25, 2005, 02:07 PM
I have the 6" barrel in solid black. I "had to" get a .22 for my girlfriend because she wants to start shooting, and I decided to pick up the NEOS. As far as my buddies gun, lets just say he is the King Midas of CRAP lol. Worked fine for me and I made sure to point that out every chance I had today at work.
Brad

WillBrayjr
September 25, 2005, 02:28 PM
I don't think Beretta makes their magazines. The last I know their magazines are supplied by a contract manufacture. Sigarms for example supplies Mec-Gars with their handguns.

IM_Lugger
September 25, 2005, 02:52 PM
I bought a new Beretta a few month ago and it came it 2 beretta magz

Spineshank95
September 25, 2005, 06:32 PM
Has anyone heard about the carbine kit they sell for the Neos? I was looking at them and it looks like it would be fun to play with. I was thinking about getting one of the Walther G22's down the road, but this kit may work out instead.

Mark54g
September 25, 2005, 06:51 PM
Take this for what it is worth. I have never owned, nor shot a Walther P22, but they have spotty reps. Some people have ones that have shot 10K rounds with no more hiccups than any other 22, but there are some horror stories that seem to come up now and again.

I bought the Neos and think it was a wise choice. I did have a problem with mine; the slide was misshapen, but I had that resolved in about 10 days and have a gun that feeds almost anything reliably and shoots it accurately

Spineshank95
September 25, 2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Im going to look into the issues with the Walthers and see if its the same problems coming up or what. As far as the carbine kit goes, anyone know of any good deals out there on it, or any experiences with it?
Brad

HighValleyRanch
September 25, 2005, 10:31 PM
I think he was talking about the G22, not the P22.
G-22 is the bullpup rifle. Haven't heard any reviews about it yet, but it looks pretty cool! Saw a few at the gun show today, pick them up.
One in green and a couple in black.

Can't believe that walther is wrecking their fabulous name with such cheap stuff as the P22! heard bad stories about it as well.
their reputation for quality guns in the past is irreputable!

No Name XII
September 25, 2005, 10:58 PM
The 92FS on the other hand had quite a few FTE, about every other round.

For what it is worth, when I shot a new (unfired and uncleaned) 92fs, there were multiple problems. After cleaning it, it has worked flawlessly. I think that maybe there is some kind of storage lube on it that makes it kind of funky, but I don't know for sure. I do get the feeling that if it had been cleaned first, there wouldn't have been any problems.

Spineshank95
September 26, 2005, 03:30 PM
My mistake, I thought it said G22 not P22. I was talking about the G22 though. Also I liked the 92 alot, wasnt knocking it at all. I wasnt expecting it to be 100% without being thoroughly cleaned first. We just had to put a few rounds through them when we bought them, couldnt wait :D . Just thought it was funny he was having the problems and not me. Ill update once he cleans it and we take it back out, but Im sure it will 100% then.
Brad