PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Any Experience With The New Witness?

MilitantBob
September 20, 2005, 09:29 PM
I have always thought the EAA Witness is about the best ergonomics on a pistol I have handled to date. I don't have one yet because the lack of support for aftermarket magazines and holsters turns me off a bit, but after I saw their new Compact Polymer, I think I have no choice:

http://eaacorp.com/images/Witness-Polymer/WitC2005.jpg

Now it is also about the coolest (IMHO) pistol I have seen.

Has anyone seen, handled, or shot these? I was just wondering if anyone had any comments on them before I take the plunge.

Also, does anybody have any idea what IWB holster might work with that? Never seen a handgun with similar geometry to that one...

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I will probably get it in 9mm, but I haven't completely ruled out .45 yet either...

Boss Spearman
September 20, 2005, 10:26 PM
I bought one in 9mm and sold it. The mags that came with it were horrible and there were no mags anywhere in the US I could purchase to replace them. EAA at the time didn't even have any. So the gun was useless with no mags that would work.

So I got rid of it.

Davis
September 21, 2005, 06:50 AM
I like the slide contour, but at heart am still a steel guy. I have a plain-jain older Witness that I have refinished in Alumahyde II that I keep in the Jeep. It keeps chugging along without any trouble. I have never had it fail to fire, feed, or eject, which makes it utterly reliable for me (and something I carried in the Katrina aftermath here).

In a sense, I haven't bought another one because this one fits my needs so well, enough so that I can focus more on CZ's. If I came across one that was a good enough price, well, I would certainly be tempted. I have owned two others, one in Wonderfinish and the other a black compact.

Davis

xrageofangelsx
September 21, 2005, 07:29 PM
That is one ugly, but sweet, looking pistola.

Boss Spearman
September 22, 2005, 11:35 PM
I've seen and had great results from the steel Witnesses. The polymer ones however, I will never touch again.

Mark54g
September 23, 2005, 09:28 AM
Why not look at the IMI baby eagle or the original, the CZ? The P-01 should have lots of extra stuff you can play with, and its metal

Boss Spearman
September 23, 2005, 04:06 PM
I've fired a BE before, they're pretty good.