PDA

View Full Version : Ruger or Winchester!?

osirus101
September 7, 2005, 01:36 AM
Ok heres the deal...i want to trade in my Ruger M77 in 338 win mag for iether a Ruger M77 Mk II or a Winchester Model 70 in the 338 win mag...which would be a better choice and why...basically my gun doesnt seem to like the reloads while my buddies Sako and Mk II will both take them without a problem...it shoots factory great but i cant afford to shoot it alot without reloading...soo thanks for the advice ahead of time

Osirus101

dgludwig
September 7, 2005, 02:00 AM
Too bad you can't get the 77 to shoot your reloads better because, IMO, it is a better rifle than the newer version. I particularly prefer the tang mounted safety as opposed to the Mk II's three position "improvement". How does the 77 shoot factory ammunition?

I like either Ruger over the Model 70 for purely personal and entirely subjective reasons. After all, the Model 70 wasn't dubbed "the rifleman's rifle" for nothing. The Remington 700, the Savage 110 and the Browning A-Bolt (and others) are rifles you can't go wrong on . Each have their advantages and disadvantages but all are suitable for most hunting needs. Deciding between most American brand bolt-action rifles really boils down to personal preferences in the last analysis.

Omaha-BeenGlockin
September 7, 2005, 02:46 AM
These days---Ruger makes a better rifle than Winchester------the new Winny's simply aren't the ones of the past.