PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about your beretta 9000s

HighValleyRanch
August 27, 2005, 12:14 PM
I just "discovered" the beretta 9000S.
A very unique looking gun. I tend to like many designs put out by the italians. But a gun this racey looking is still questionable in my mind. Perhaps it wil be the wave of the future or be a passing fad.
When the new SUV's came out looking like overgrown tennis shoes, I hated the look, but now like some of the new curvey lines.

Do people like their guns to look like guns rather than clean curving lines. Time will tell. The new HK's and Walthers have pretty curvey frames, so this looks to be a trend. But I can tell beretta is not quite sold on the ideal as the 9000s is the only one in their lineup to look like this.

Can someone please post some pics of their 9000s so I can see what they look size wise to other guns, like a glock 19. Can't tell from just measurement specs and the photos at the sites I have been looking at are deceiving. At the beretta website the 9000S looked like it was made in heaven! But on guns america auction, it looked like a plastic gun,
So what is the real consensus?
Is it too pretty or a gun ahead of its time. Any shooting experiences.
Thanks,
An open mined glock lover....

pfour
August 27, 2005, 01:19 PM
you dont see much about them, and when you do, it generally isnt good...but I really like mine...have sent thousands of rounds downrange with no issues...easy to take care of...comfortable to hold and shoot....I have the DA/SA version and carry it often...

fits different than a Glock 19/23 (i have a 23) - not better or worse...just different

BerettaCougar
August 27, 2005, 02:17 PM
They are great little guns.

The only complaint I have for the 9000 is the slide... it is very skinny and hard to rack if you have large hands.

Some people have said that it shoots low. But after getting used to it, they love it.

HighValleyRanch
August 27, 2005, 04:58 PM
The specs on the beretta read that it is 1.7 inches wide!
the glock is only 1.2, but if I am reading about the skinny slide right, that measurement is at the fat grips, right? The grips have a soft outter layer?

candide
August 27, 2005, 08:36 PM
True the 9000s measures 1.7" at its widest point due to the safeties on both sides of the frame. Overall, the width is about the same as the Glock; just compare the DA/SA 9000s to the DAO 9000s for the overall width of the 9000s. I like the 9000s; conceals pretty good for a double stack .40, reliable, and a straight shooter with a little practice. The Glock may be reliable, but I don't care for the grip angle, the boxiness of Glocks, and strictly DAO.