PDA

View Full Version : Looking for jacket with concealment features

daveste
March 2, 2000, 01:12 PM
I am interested in finding a jacket (cloth, leagher,etc.), that has inside pockets on both sides with velco to secure and gun and/or holster. I have seen such a coat but I am unable to find any source for it on the Internet. Does anyone know of a manufacturer of clothing specifically designed for concealment of a handgun?
Thanks in advance.
Dave

David Roberson
March 2, 2000, 01:17 PM
There's a write-up and an ad for just such a coat in the current Solider of Fortune (the one with the cover story on piracy). Can't remember the manufacturer. Looks nice, but it's pricy -- $299, IIRC. But it had a couple of pockets for handguns and was cut to allow good access to belt-carried weapons.

RickB
March 2, 2000, 02:05 PM
Six or eight years ago I bought an Al Mar Tac Vest. It's a black fabric vest that sort of screams SWAT, but black is SOOOO fashionable these days. The vest is/was also available as a jacket. It has upper chest pockets with internal elastic loops for shotgun shells, lower front pockets with internal loops for pistol mags, two "hip" pockets that could hold AR-type mags (or water bottles). There are internal, zippered pockets at the left- and right-front, which are velcro-lined. Stiff, velcro-covered panels are available which fit in these pockets, to which velcro straps can be used to secure pistols, knives, or whatever inside - like the Uncle Mike's fanny pack, if you're familiar with that. The description makes it sound like G.I. load-bearing equipment, but it really doesn't look a whole lot different from some of the "photographer" vests I've seen. I bought the vest at the Al Mar retail store in Lake Oswego, OR, but I don't know if they still make or sell the jackets any more.

missmanytoes
March 2, 2000, 02:19 PM
Daveste,

you might try here: www.concealedcarry.com (http://www.concealedcarry.com) I think the velcro pocket you are talking about is what they call their "gun pocket"

HTH!
-sarah

Mal H
March 2, 2000, 03:54 PM
Moving to Gear and Accessories forum...

Larry C
March 2, 2000, 05:19 PM
Coronado Leather makes superb jackets and vests for both men and women. Very heavy beautiful leather, excellent seams, sewing, zippers etc. The jacket I have has both outside and inside pockets. The inside ones have a heavy elastic sleeve positioned just where your hand would go to retreive the weapon, left and right sides. The leather is thick enough so that my Glock 27 does not print at all. I recommend them highly and they've got a good web site too.