PDA

View Full Version : G-21: I figured out why my reloads are so lightning fast!

OWad
August 4, 2005, 08:38 AM
Hello All,
Has this happened to anyone? After firing the last round, Glock-21 slide locks back, you hit the mag release, mag drops free, reload a fresh )post ban 10 rounder and slam it home- only to have the slide slam forward on it's own?

I noticed this happening and I payed close attantion to my thumb position- and it was nowhere near the slide release lever! What gives? Is this a sign of worn internal parts? Any help/ insight would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I tested this with a full mag- and a good hard slam will make that slide go forward on all 10 rounds (theoretically even as the mag "bullet bulge" decreases) :confused:

BerettaCougar
August 4, 2005, 09:13 AM
this is a feature...

My glock buddy does it all the time... he calls it a tactical feature..

I respond with..OK so?

OWad
August 4, 2005, 10:49 AM
Are you serious? If I wasn't so fanatical about Indexing- I would think this would be a dangerous feature- in the hands of tactical amatuers :p -

zpo
August 4, 2005, 07:45 PM
I've never had that happen on my G20, but a friends Steyr M-40 does that, kinda handy.

IZinterrogator
August 5, 2005, 12:16 AM
Sheesh, not again... :rolleyes:

It is not a tactical feature, nor is it kind of handy. It is you slamming the magazine home with enough force to jar the slide back slightly, which lets the slide stop fall back down into its normal position. It is also a good way to increase wear on your slide stop and possibly cause it to break at the point which holds the slide back. I wouldn't make it a habit if I were you.

zpo
August 5, 2005, 06:54 AM
What about on the Steyr? It did not require force, in fact, I did it slowly, but firmly :D and it did it everytime. New gun, he said the salesman told him about it, I know that doesn't mean much.

Foxy
August 5, 2005, 07:41 AM
My Mark 23 does the same thing, even with only moderate force being exerted to run the new mag home - the same amount of force won't drop the slide on my Beretta or 1911.

Steve-O
August 5, 2005, 08:21 AM
Happens sometimes with my G19.

Steve

Detective_Special
August 5, 2005, 10:00 AM
My Glock 17 gladly doesn't have this "feature".

Edward429451
August 5, 2005, 10:42 AM
My G21 has never done it (1st gen).

John Ringo
August 5, 2005, 12:48 PM
My G21 never does that. I've heard of it being a feature on the HK USP45 also, but never had it happen there either. Guess it depends how hard you slam it in there. Might have something to do with it.

OWad
August 5, 2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback,

Admittedly, I am slamming it in with some force/ speed...but now the wear and tear thing has me thinking- The pistol is about a year old :eek: - I'll work on slowing it down (my IPSC scores are now headed to the toilet :mad: )- never was an issue with my 92fs or sig 226.

Topthis
August 5, 2005, 03:39 PM
My G23c does it too and I don't really slam my mags, I dont shoot her much anymore cause she is ported and I hate the extra time and steps to clean her, the slide closing on its own has always puzzled me...now I know.

impact
August 5, 2005, 07:49 PM
Thats one thing I love about my Glocks! :D . All Glocks will do it! But the mag has to fully loaded and you have to run her home with a great deal of force.

Owad I know lots of IPSC and IDPA shooters that do that and never have problems with there guns

WESHOOT2
August 7, 2005, 12:22 PM
Don't do that :D
Finger OFF trigger EXCEPT when firing.

I prefer my autos drop the slide when a magazine is forcibly seated, a handy 'social' skill; know what I mean?

For games who cares?

A33102

USP45usp
August 7, 2005, 12:55 PM
I've heard about HK's doing this but no matter how hard or fast I 'slam' my magazine in it's yet to do this and I have more rounds through this gun then any others.

Me personally I wouldn't like this "feature". I want to drop the slide myself, not allow the gun to do it for me. If the gun is "dropping the slide" that means that I am not in control of said gun. Just MHO though.

I'd have the gun checked out, something just ain't right when that happens.

Wayne