PDA

View Full Version : USA Magazines?

JohnL
October 2, 1999, 09:50 AM
Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad. I'm particularly interested 15-round mags for the Beretta 92 FS. If there are problems with the mags, can they be remedied by replacing springs, followers, etc.?

Nakano
October 2, 1999, 07:43 PM
I' ve had no problems with the _10_ rounders in stainless made under the Pachmayr label. Both functioned with total reliability in the Taurus PT 99 and the Sig 226. I do not believe these 10 rounders can be disassembled. My experience with the 15 rounders (under their own label) for the Taurus was extremely limited as the mag could not even be fed into the well due to sharp finishes in the mag catch slot!! That' s it.

L8r,
Nakano

wabash
October 2, 1999, 08:35 PM
first I'd heard that pachmayr mags = usa.

I have some pre-ban Pachmayr Beretta 92 mags, still in the package. They look very well finished.

4V50 Gary
October 2, 1999, 11:07 PM
Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. As for the ones which work, fine for the range but never for self-defense.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Nakano
October 3, 1999, 08:37 AM
Agreed Gary.

Just to clear/ complicate a few things. At least some time prior to/ at the time of the "hi- cap" mag bans, I believe the 15 rounders at least were manufactured by MEC- GAR of Italy. That is true for the standard 1911s.

L8r,
Nakano

wabash
October 3, 1999, 01:06 PM
I dug one of my NIB 15 rd Pachmayrs out to take a look. They have "Made in Italy" on them.
......so I'll bet they're good mags. They sure look nice, all stainless, with the Pachmayr logo on one side, and a rubber bumper on the bottom. They look high quality.