PDA

View Full Version : Trade em' in on what you really want!

tex45acp
July 11, 2005, 01:37 PM
Well, after many years of buying low and selling high, I made my best deal of them all.

I started many years ago shooting 1911 style handguns and after making the rounds have ended up back to what I love. But this time I got what I really wanted.

Went to the gunshow at the Pasadena Convention Center in Pasadena TX. I usually try to make the smaller shows because vendors are more likely to haggle with you about the price of the buy and value of your trades.

I spotted a Wilson CQB in all black Armor-Tuff finish and it was exactly what I wanted. I went out to the car and brought back my Zero Haliburton guncase with a SIG P220ST(old rail style), Para Ordnance Carry 12 LDA, Springfield Ultra Compact Mil-Spec and a Ruger Stainless Redhawk Revolver in 357mag. I walked out with an empty case and a brand new Wilson with all the bells & whistles. Now my guns are clean and well maintained, but have been shot a lot and I mean a lot. I was suprised that I would get that much trade in. The Wilson was going for $1750.00.

I now have three 1911 style guns in my safe. The Wilson, a Kimber Custom TLE II and my trusty Springfield GI WWII Champion that I have heavily modified to suit my carry needs. I admit I am a gun junkie and I have just been given the proper treatment for that ailment. The Wilson was just he right medicine. What a gun this is. As I always do with a new gun, I completely stripped it to the bare frame and the fit & finish are magnificient. Reassembly was super easy and I am heading to the range sometime this week to see if I can come close to the sub 1" groups of the factory target. The gun is well balanced and I really like Wilsons rear sight shape and the way it contours into the slide.

Kevin Quinlan
July 11, 2005, 02:00 PM
You did well. Be happy with your deal.

Kevin