PDA

View Full Version : best 22 pistol

ShottyTim
July 10, 2005, 02:07 PM
hey guys just got back this weekend and tested out my beretta brigadier in .40 and a sig 2340 pro in .40 as well and .40 is both expensive and far to much kick, so i am curious to know which 22 pistol you guys would reccomend, i want something, sturdy, and accurate, looks dont really care, and price is a concern, but not a huge one, thanks guys, o and i want something that also happens to be very resilent to the elements

Tim

IM_Lugger
July 10, 2005, 02:20 PM
there a lot of good .22 guns out there; Ruger is a simple reliable gun, but I like Buckmark 5.5 targer better. If you have the money get a S&W 41 but in my opinion it's not worth that much. If you liek soemthing 'different' look at Walther P22 or Beretta Neos

Dwight55
July 10, 2005, 02:42 PM
Hands down, . . . Browning Buckmark. Great trigger, . . . great value, . . . holds ten, . . . easy to clean, . . . reliable, . . . had a Ruger for several years, got a Browning, . . . got another Browning, . . . probably never go back.

Use the search function for this forum, . . . this question comes up every month or two, . . . there is a lot of reading out there if you care to do it.

May God bless,
Dwight

caz223
July 10, 2005, 04:04 PM
CZ kadet/walther P22/SIG trailside.
Also, if you can find an old high standard, they are good, as well.

XavierBreath
July 10, 2005, 04:58 PM
sturdy, and accurate, looks dont really care, and price is a concern, but not a huge one,,,,,,,,,,very resilent to the elements
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/images/Products/87L.gif
Introducing the Ruger 22/45 KP512. (http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=192&return=Y)

My favorite is the MKII, but if you want to meet and surpass your criteria, that is the gun that will do it.

Dog Confetti
July 10, 2005, 06:29 PM
S&W 41 is a great gun for feel and accuracy, but they're very picky about ammo (mine is so unreliable I don't enjoy shooting it), and maybe too nice for the field.

Browning Buckmark is good and accurate, but I don't like mine nearly as much as the Ruger (which is simpler more reliable).

In my opinion a S&W 617 is the way to go...it's a full size, DA/SA, 10-shot revolver. I don't generally like revolvers very much, but it's the ONLY .22 I ever shoot anymore...I'll sometimes take all 5 of my .22's to the range and never get around to touching the others. I found mine for $250 (used in great shape).

larry starling
July 10, 2005, 06:33 PM
If a older gun I vote for the colt woodsman! If you want a new gun im fond of the walther p22...bought one for my daughter and she loves it.. :rolleyes: