PDA

View Full Version : Ruger KP95PR15

June 28, 2005, 10:58 AM
Does anyone have this gun? I think this is the one that I have finally decided on getting. Any information is greatly appreciated. It appeals to me because it is a Ruger, the capacity, and the availability of cheap factory mags (CDNN). Any info will be helpful.

Trip20
June 28, 2005, 11:39 AM
The following was originally posted on this thread, post number 17 (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169806&page=1&pp=25&highlight=P95)

One of the range owners I know used P95s exclusively as rental guns and also for the permit classes he teaches. He bought a batch of them some years ago..

Last time I was in there we got to talking about them and he said that he was kicking himself for not keeping a round count on them. He's down to just a couple of them left from the original purchase, IIRC. People keep buying them after taking the classes. He uses one of them as the store counter gun and took the other home for his home defense gun.

I broke down the counter gun and it was in amazingly good shape--the plastic slide rails looked virtually perfect.

What's really amazing is that for nearly the entire period he was using those guns to rent to range customers, his range ammo was Wolf...

Low quality steel-cased ammo, shot for years by inexperienced customers, rarely cleaned, and he's so impressed that he's now using both of the remaining guns for self-defense. That says a lot to me.

That's a pretty impressive endorsement for the P95. :)
Doing a search will turn up plenty more posts...

jonathon
June 28, 2005, 11:42 AM
My grandpa has a p95dc(decocker only), its a neat pistol, accurate for the price and I would say just as rugged as any Glock out there. Though, there are some things I found to detract from it.

Seems to be a bit more jumpy or snappy than my Glock 17, and a tad harder to get back on target(though I havn't trained on it, which is definatly part of the problem, training fixes a lot!). To me, it just seem to snap more than many 9's that I've shot(compared to a p89 which is awesome in this department, but its all metal and much heavier..).

Another thing I don't care for is the fact the grip is pretty slick, there isn't any checkering or even texture on it at all, so it does slip a bit from time to time. Seems someone found the answer to that in another thread though, and it involved skateboard tape...

Overall, for the price it can't be beat, and if polymer is as good as they say it is, it will outlast anyone here with proper care.

On another note, the high caps do rattle when full ;)

QuickTrig
June 28, 2005, 01:53 PM
I have a P95DC, and I love it. I was the guy that did the review on skate board grip tape. It works wonders for the grip on this gun. I have shot dozens and dozens of different types of ammo, and fired thousands of roudns through it, With NOT ONE malfunction. It is accurate and practically bulletproof. I have no problem trusting my life or the lives of my loved ones to this gun. Its a dependable, reliable, combat grade firearm.