PDA

View Full Version : Felk Pistols?

TX_RGR
June 24, 2005, 01:40 PM
Okay, I did a search on Felk, and found 1 post from 2001, so I am going to reset the original query and just ask: Has anyone ever seen or heard of a Felk pistol? Felk MTF? If so, what do you know about them? I can find NO info on these pitols at all, so anything you could divulge would be a great help. I saw one in the 2005 buyer's guide. a .45 DAO @ 20 0z. adj. rear sight, and adj. trigger, with ability to change barrels to .40 and .357 sig. Showed promise.

TX

Red Tornado
June 24, 2005, 02:16 PM
There's apparently not a whole lot of them around. Here's what I found.

http://www.felk.com.au/

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=9961&highlight=felk

and a little later thread

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=84437&highlight=felk

TX_RGR
June 24, 2005, 09:40 PM
Need all the help I can get. Thanks, Tornado.

denfoote
June 25, 2005, 04:38 AM
Due to Government restrictions on all handguns under a certain barrel length, Felk handguns are not available for sale in Australia.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

Te Anau
June 25, 2005, 09:50 AM
I have always been intrigued by the Felk but have never been able to find a wholesaler that stocks em.Why do those gun list mags even mention em?

denfoote
June 25, 2005, 04:44 PM
They have to be selling them to somebody!!
God knows they aren't selling then to their own people!!

TX_RGR
June 26, 2005, 10:28 PM
During my search I turned up the following poop:

Allegedly this company was being dicked around by l.e. and most likely customs as well when trying to import to the U.S. That explains the ad, which has to be submitted ahead of the magazine being published, and no guns to sell. The only consolation I can offer is the testimony of a select few who claim these guns are no better than paperweights or throwdown guns. This is all scuttlebutt, so the info is worth what you paid for it.

Regards,

TX

Lazarus40
April 28, 2010, 01:55 AM
The Felk pistol, at least in the form of the MTM 919 (9mm luger
caliber) one, is very definitely not Vaporwear. I actually own one
and have since before the sunset of the Assault Weapon's Ban. It
came to me missing one part and the magazine. With the help of
the then-importer, and ultimately Mr. Felk himself, I removed the
broken part and purchased a hi-cap and 10-round mag.

I spoke long times with Mr. Felk....He is a kind, intelligent man to
whom mechanical engineering seems to be ingrained. Felk builds
trailers.....no no no no.....not Trailers that you think of when you
say "Trailers" but trailers that range in size to haul a 90 foot boat.
Trailers on a scale that'd make a semi-trailer look like the little red
wagon you had as a kid. Trailers 1/2 again bigger than those we see
daily being hauled by our semi-tractors on the Interstate.

I fully intended to shoot my prize, But I became ill with a debillitating sickness that
is with me to this very day.

imp
July 2, 2011, 06:26 AM
I used to own a 9mm Felk. It actually fired pretty well, but the plastic magazines were terrible. Mine came with 3, and after a couple range visits, 2 of them developed cracks around the feed lips and were no loner usable. I ended up trading it for something else. The few of these out there are much better served as safe queens, conversation pieces, and collectibles at this point.

10mm4ever
July 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
What the FELK!!?? Never heard of them til now.:D

Lazarus40
June 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
Sorry for the jump in time....my illness.

My Felk MTM 9 X 19 uses STEEL mags...I have two of them....and never have I seen these clear-plastic mags some people refer to when they say 'Felk'. So that potential problem no longer exists. Would I carry mine.... sure, it seems to function fine. Has not jammed on me yet!

Yung.gunr
June 27, 2012, 08:39 PM
Son of a zombie thread... Wow... From 2005 to 2010 then to 2011 then now... I guess that would be like three generations of zombie threads.

smokenguns
October 19, 2015, 07:15 PM
Just purchased an American Arms/ Felk TF919 9MM pistol with 3 10 round mags.
Must have been made for a mag cap. restricted place as the sides of the mags are "V"/d" so deep on the sides so as to preclude any more rounds even though they are fully 4 1/4" long and 3/4 " wide same as a Springfield 9MM hi cap.

James K
October 19, 2015, 11:28 PM
Hi, Smokenguns,

Since this zombie is walking again, can you post some pictures of the Felk gun you have. Once in a while a small company will consider making guns, usually because the company owner is a gun hobbyist. But because being a hobbyist and being a manufacturer are not the same thing, the effort is seldom successful and if any guns are made at all, there will usually only be one or very few, just enough to cause threads like this one to pop up.

Jim