PDA

View Full Version : G30?

StinkyTool
June 6, 2005, 04:24 AM
Thinkin' about purchasing a G30 when the next Gun and Knife show comes around. It will be mostly for concealed carry only. Ive shot other glocks but never a G30. Any pros or cons owners or users have noticed before I decide to purchase one? Any information would be great. Thanks for your help in advance.

Marko Kloos
June 6, 2005, 04:39 AM
As far as subcompact .45s go, it's hard to beat the Glock 30. It shares all the good selling points of the Glock line (reliability, toughness, etc.), and holds a whole lot of bullets for a gun of its size.

In addition, even among Glocks, the G30 seems to have a certain cult status with most owners. It's widely regarded as one of the most accurate Glocks.

The only negative for me is the width of the gun. A 1911 is much slimmer and easier to carry IWB. The G30 is lighter, but much wider, especially in the slide.

StinkyTool
June 6, 2005, 12:40 PM
Maybe a G23 is a better choice. Do you agree that would be a better choice as far as being a slimmer gun.

shepsan
June 6, 2005, 01:06 PM
StinkyTool, The Glock 30 is neither too large or at all uncomfortable for me to carry IWB. I am 5'7-1/2" tall and 166 lbs. I carry a G-30 in a Sidearmour IWB without difficulty and without printing. I also use a Galco paddle for those times at night when I wear a jacket or coat.

If however, you are unsure of the G-30 because of its girth, check out the Glock 36. It too is a .45ACP yet thinner Glock handgun. Its only drawback might be the capacity of its magazine (six rounds or seven rounds with extension). This is the same capacity as my Colt Officer's ACP.

These three pistols are the absolute smallest ones I would carry CCW.

I think a much more significant issue is how the G-30 feels in your hands. IMO, if it is a good fit then its size IWB is a non-issue.

Good luck on your choice.

timothy75
June 11, 2005, 02:11 PM
The glock 30 is a wonderfull gun dont worry about the thickness I carry mine all the time around the house and it doesnt bother me all. Also they make a flush fitting 9rd mag that makes it the same size as the g29 . I carry mine that way and it almost disapears honestly. And finally you can carry a fully loaded g21 mag as backup giving you a totall of 25 rds of 45acp which is very assureing. And as we all know the g30 is the most accurate of the glocks. I cant recomend it highly enough. But stay away from the g36 unless you have very small hands.

AustinMike
June 11, 2005, 03:11 PM
I looked at the Glock 30 and 36, but they just don't fit my hand right. The grip angle bugs me. I ended up going with the Taurus PT-145. 11 rounds of .45 in a gun smaller than the G30. They go for just under $300 at gun shows around here. The trigger pull is very different from a Glock though, very revolver like. I like it myself.

RWK
June 11, 2005, 04:30 PM
Glocks have many virtues – design simplicity, high quality, durability, corrosion resistance, reliability – but their accuracy (in my hands) is not nearly as good as other top-quality handguns.

If you like Glocks, both the 30 and the 36 are excellent .45 ACPs. I opted for the G36, because I have several 1911A1s and other full-size .45 ACPs (H&K USP, Sig P220); therefore, I wanted something really small and highly concealable. The G36 fits these requirements quite well. However, I am NOT criticizing the G30; I – personally – wanted something even smaller, but I am sure the G30 is an outstanding firearm.

The G36’s 6+1 capacity (7+1 with the magazine extension) may seem small, but I carry Ruger GP100 and S&W N Frame revolvers much more than anything else, so the G36 provides a one or two round advantage.

StinkyTool
June 11, 2005, 05:09 PM
ok wait...scratch the g30 for a second. This guy that I know well is selling his Glock 23, red dot sight, .357 barrel with threaded tip, flash suppressor for .357 barrel and 2 high capacity magazines loaded for $500. What do you think? Pistol has about 200 rounds through it.

S.E.R.T.SGT
June 11, 2005, 06:44 PM
The Glock 30 is one of 2 guns that I carry for off duty CC. I can't speak highly enough about it. Great gun.

kirkcdl
June 11, 2005, 06:49 PM
Austin Mike has a good point,but I didn't like the PT145,so I got a PT745,which is a single stack version,6+1 and thinner than both the G30 and the PT145.At about $250 less,you know,ammo money...

denfoote
June 11, 2005, 09:00 PM
I had a Brick 30.
It was waaaaaay to fat for my smallish hand!!
It went bye bye in favor of a G23!!

JMag
June 11, 2005, 09:22 PM
Denfoote,

You downsized to .40 from .45, too! :D

Ozzieman
June 12, 2005, 10:06 AM
My wife picked out a 26 from everything that 2 different gun shops had to look at.
She chose a plastic piece of crap.
That is until I fired it, and when she was out of town borrowed it to carry.
Ok Glocks arnt so bad!
And I shot about 200 rounds through it. Functioned flawlessly, even with mixed light reloads and full carry rounds in the same mag, and the gun haddent had 25 rounds through it.
OK Glocks are good guns.
Its now had near 1000 rounds through it, and to date has never had one failure of any kind.
Ok I like glocks and will be picking up a 36 this week!
BUT DONT TELL ANY ONE!
I dont want any one to know I have become a glock fan.
All the 1911's in my safe might have a heart attack.