PDA

View Full Version : Talk Me Out Of It!!!

Lucky 7
May 26, 2005, 02:05 PM
The Beretta M9s we are using at Security Forces Training Co. (Semper Fi!) are suprisingly accurate and their looks are growing on me. I'm really considering getting one on the next 96 (July 4th) and tuning it for custom work (I have get gunsmith back in mid-MO that I'm willing to share :p if anyone is interested). I'd hate to break down and buy one as I'm a devotee of the CZ-75 family and it seems like betrayal if I buy one.
Please convince me not to get one!

-L7

However :D , if I were to get one, how much would I pay for one in 75%, 85%,90%, 95%, 98% and LNIB? Thanks again.

cje1980
May 26, 2005, 02:56 PM
Lucky 7, I'm a Beretta fan myself but what one of the downfalls of the Beretta is it is a hard gun to tune for really good accuracy due to its inherent design. The barrel doesn't lock consistently and it's hard, without major modifications to get it to have match-grade accuracy. With that said, if you are prepared to spend some solid money and have a good gunsmith go to work on it, the AMU M9 is one of the most accurate pistols ever made. It shoots sub-inch groups at 50yds with factory match ammo. Some modifications were made to lock up the barrel better. Actually they just installed a couple of screws in the frame near the rear of the barrel.

Lucky 7
May 26, 2005, 03:06 PM
Just saw BUSHINGS for the M9 on Brownells. The seem like a fix for accuaracy. Thoughts?

-L7

PS I'm a PFC in the Marines living in the Barracks. I little to spend $$ on :D

jetdriver
May 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
A real Marine would shoot a .45 :D

Semper Fi.