PDA

View Full Version : Help on Taurus Mellenium Pistols

Dog Confetti
May 22, 2005, 03:08 PM
I handled a Taurus Mellenium Pro the other day while looking for a new CCW Pistol (I HAD my heart set on a Kahr, but now I'm not so sure)...it felt great and for the price I'd even consider picking up 2. Problem is I don't know anything about them...then I found this page...

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=197

...and I don't know what to think about them. Does anybody have any comments on overall reliability (all calibers, Pro and Non-Pro)?

auberg
May 22, 2005, 03:30 PM
From what I have read here, there were some early problems with the .45 Millenium (not the pro version.) I have the .40 version and have had it at the range a couple of times and really like it. I'll probably offend someone with my next sentence, but, my brother has a .40 compact glock, and I liked the feel of the recoil on my Milpro better than I did the glock.

Just my 2 cents.

longspurr
May 22, 2005, 03:34 PM
Taurus Millennium Pro

I’ve had problems with 2 Taurus revolvers so I searched for articles about Taurus. There is a very definite love - hate, it works great – a POS, feeling for Taurus. Quality control seems to be an idea Taurus don’t understand. My revolvers were purchased new April 2005 so quality problems are NOT just in the past.

I was on the phone to Taurus repair and the person who picked up my call at first didn’t talk to me. He spent about 1 ½ minutes talking to his buddy about how things just s**ked. He was PO’ed about Millenniums in particular. I would approach that model with caution and be ready to swap it back to the dealer or send for repair

Bullrock
May 22, 2005, 04:25 PM
I read the review you posted. It didn't say what year the review was written. Everything in the review is correct. Also, everything that was wrong with the millenium series, has been fixed in the new millenium pro series.

The problem is with the folks who got burned buying the millenium pistol, and who continue to write about it as if it was current news.

I have several Taurus pistols. One is the Millenium Pro 9SS. It is a good shooting gun right out of the box. I have put over 800 rounds through it without a hiccup.

I’ve had problems with 2 Taurus revolvers so I searched for articles about Taurus. There is a very definite love - hate, it works great – a POS, feeling for Taurus. Quality control seems to be an idea Taurus don’t understand. My revolvers were purchased new April 2005 so quality problems are NOT just in the past.

Longspurr, This is what the review had to say about Taurus revolvers

The problems lay within the PT Millenium series of pistols only... the revolvers are fantastic. If you have a Taurus revolver, you can be confident in it.
I have a Taurus Tracker 627, 357, 4", and a Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite .32Spl. +p 2", and they're great shooting guns. You didn't tell us what models you were having difficulty with, and the review also gives Taurus CS high marks. So what's the problem???

Dog Confetti Some of us get lemons from time to time, however, with that aside, the Taurus Millenium Pro is a good solid gun. Go buy one! Or Two! :D :D

butch50
May 22, 2005, 10:05 PM
Consider this: You can buy two as you said, and shoot the bejeebers out of one at the range and just lightly break in one for carrying. I have a pt-145, not pro, and it shoots great and carries well.

In a little bitty package you can carry and accurately fire 10+1 rounds of .45acp - that is some pretty good firepower.

DennyB
May 22, 2005, 10:10 PM
I have had my PT145 Pro for A few weeks Now and have 300rnds so far through it and not a single missfire or FTE. It is a great gun. And with a lifetime warranty and 10+1 rounds of 45 in your pocket What more could you ask for. And for the price You just cant beat it. Oh and the Pro models have not had any problems so far that I have heard of.:D

als54
May 22, 2005, 10:18 PM
I have the PT145SS and use it for CCW everyday. I really like it. I've ownly ran a box of ammo thru mine so far. No problems yet. I use to use my G17 for CCW, but really like the PT145...you would think with a 3.5" barrel it would be hard to control, not the case at all, very managable.

jonathon
May 22, 2005, 10:21 PM
I'll probably offend someone with my next sentence, but, my brother has a .40 compact glock, and I liked the feel of the recoil on my Milpro better than I did the glock.

Glocks are not the most comfy guns in the world.. they are nice though.

Myself, I don't much like the words "Foriegn", "plastic", or "gun" in the same sentence ;)

Dog Confetti
May 22, 2005, 11:03 PM
Well then, I guess it's out of my hands (or to put it another way, "I'd be a fool not to")...I was looking for reassurance that they worked out the kinks with the Pro model, and I feel like I got it. Now the question is "which calibre?"...I'll probably go with a .40.

knowledge98
May 23, 2005, 06:32 PM
I have a PT-111 Millenium Pro it was my first pistol and I love it so far from what I read the non pros have had problems but I've got about 600 rounds through mine with no ftf's (using Winchester whitebox 115gr fmj) all in all its a great gun I'm going to be getting a PT-145 here soon and passing the 111 down to the wife once we get our ccw's...

Handy
May 23, 2005, 06:48 PM
I have it on good authority that the Taurus pistols require tape to hold the magazine in place. :D

stolivar
May 23, 2005, 08:50 PM
I have both the pt140pro and the Kahr MK9. Both are good guns. I like both. But the Kahr is a lot better weapon. I have not tried the PT145PRO yet. I am thinking of getting it or the 24/7.

steve :cool:

als54
May 23, 2005, 08:51 PM
Quote:
I have it on good authority that the Taurus pistols require tape to hold the magazine in place.

I'm not using it on mine. If you need tape to hold the mag in, send it back for replacement...

-RotorDemon-
May 24, 2005, 01:52 AM
Also, everything that was wrong with the millenium series, has been fixed in the new millenium pro series.

That restarted my heart. :)

I just bought my PT111 Pro, ran two mags through it, during that time the front sight flung off into mother nature, when that magazine was empty, the last round hold open wouldn't function, stripped it there and there was nothing wrong with the gun itself, put it back together and manually racked it, it held open fine. Threw the 2nd magazine in and fired the rest off, same problem.

1 hour at my shooting spot and it went right back into the gun store where it got boxed and shipped to Florida.

4+ weeks and not a single word. :(

Edit: Clips or Mags? whats the correct terminology for it? Rifles = Magazine? Pistol = Clip?

tanstaafl4y
May 24, 2005, 09:32 AM
I bought a USED Millenium 140 in December. I Sent it back to the Factory for repair after my first range session with it in February. Last Friday (May) I just got it back from Taurus where it appeares the replaced the frame (but reused all other internals excluding damaged recoil springs). I sold the gun on Saturday.

I'm not passign judgement just sharing my experiences. I thing the prior owner messed with things he shouldn't have

Colonel Klink
May 24, 2005, 10:41 AM
PT145 Pro 524 rounds through it with a couple FTF but the second strike capability worked the second time. I love it. I first bought a PT111, 9mm, liked it so much bought the PT145.

RotoDemon Magazines are for ammunitation and clips are for hair. There is what is called full and half moon clips for rimless cartridges like the 9mm. They are flat round metal that hold the rounds in the same position as the charge holes in a revolver. There is also stripper clips that hold rifle rounds. The bottom of the stripper clip fits into the top of the rifles fixed magazine and guides the ammo into the magazine. Much faster than one by one.

When I slam the magazine into place the slide goes froward. The engineer for Taurus told me that is a feature. It gets you back in the fight faster. A problem with a good spin or design feature? Don't know but works for me.

als54
May 24, 2005, 10:56 AM
Quote:
I just bought my PT111 Pro, ran two clips through it, during that time the front sight flung off into mother nature, when that clip was empty, the last round hold open wouldn't function, stripped it there and there was nothing wrong with the gun itself, put it back together and manually racked it, it held open fine. Threw the 2nd clip in and fired the rest off, same problem.
Rotodemon: This is a common problem and is easily fixed by using Loctite...I've seen this happen with other firearms as well. It's happened with mine as well Loctite will fix the problem.

-RotorDemon-
May 24, 2005, 11:03 AM
RotoDemon Magazines are for ammunitation and clips are for hair

That is the clearest answer to a question I have ever had :D Editing post accordingly.

Rotodemon: This is a common problem and is easily fixed by using Loctite

I am going to do that first thing when I get it back! Thanks!

Bullrock
May 24, 2005, 12:41 PM
I just bought my PT111 Pro

Is it a Millenium Pro PT-111, or a Millenium PT-111? :confused:

Did you buy it new or used? :confused:

I just wanted to be sure we are talking about the same gun. Thanks... :) :)

Taurus Millenium Pro 9SS
H&K USP C 9mm
CZ 75 B
Taurus PT-92SS5
CZ P01
Ruger P95D15
Browning Pro-9SS
Ruger GP-100
Ruger SP101
Smith & Wesson 625JM
Taurus 85 Ultra-Lite .38Spl. +p
Browning Citori XT Trap 12GA
Winchester SX2 Automatic 12GA
Winchester 1300 Pump 12GA

denfoote
May 24, 2005, 03:02 PM
I read the review you posted. It didn't say what year the review was written. Everything in the review is correct. Also, everything that was wrong with the millenium series, has been fixed in the new millenium pro series.

My PT-145 was one of those Madogre used for that review.
The article is several years old.
I understand that Taurus has fixed the problem by dropping the PT-145 and replacing it with a new model: PT-145 Pro.
This , in and of itself, is a tacit admission of the original problem, without ever directly admitting that the problem even ever existed!!
Shrewd, very shrewd!!

Still, you are never gunna find my hands wrapped around one again!!
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me!!!!! ;)

Bullrock
May 24, 2005, 03:31 PM
Good honest post Denfoote. You have reason to be Pi$$ed... :mad:

stolivar
May 24, 2005, 04:38 PM
There is a new article about the 24/7 and the new pt745 in one of the gun rags. Rated them both good. Shot everything that they were fed.

steve

ps. I am ordering up a new PT145SS pro this week. I can get it for $299.00 plus tax = $320.67 out the door. Not bad for price. For that price I will see if it works as good as my pt111 and pt140 pro versions. I need a cheap plinker for my 45 rounds, they are getting lonely.

steve

CastleBravo
May 24, 2005, 06:31 PM
From what I've seen of somebody trying to get a PT145 to actually work on several trips to the range, and failing, the most help I can give you concerning those guns is to suggest that you avoid them.

stolivar
May 24, 2005, 07:42 PM
You should say whether they are pt145's or the pt145 pro's. totally different guns. I have not heard any if very few pains with the new pro version of the pt145. So you need to state which guns you are talking about when you post.

steve :D

SouthpawShootr
May 24, 2005, 07:46 PM
I have a late model PT-145 (just before the Pro series came out). I've put about 200 rounds through it and it's been reliable to a fault. I've been watching like a hawk for cracks even though I know the problem was supposedly fixed before my gun was made. I like it. Carry it quite a bit.

jetdriver
May 24, 2005, 10:37 PM
I have many posts on this forum, singing its praises.

Benzene
May 25, 2005, 12:26 AM
I carry it almost 24/7. I've already put more than 1000 rounds (various types of), even "limp wristed" on a few occasions without FTF.

10+1 rounds of the proven .45 ACP in an almost pocket-size pistol, also being quite easy to control and as accurate as I could be - I'd be hard to avoid the label "stupid" to spend on some of the more much-acclamied brand name equivalents.

Friend of mine bought some fancy-named 8-shot deal, too big for him to carry concealed, for almost $1000. Then he shot my PT 145 Mill Pro and has decided to buy one.

Dog Confetti
May 27, 2005, 12:07 AM
Decided to go with the .45 instead of the .40 (cause they were out of them and I wanted instant gratification)...seems from most of the posts the .45 is a popular choice (I think that may be due more to hype than fact, but that's another can of worms, I'll carry any of the big 3, but .45 drops like a rock at range). Haven't tested it yet, but plan to in the next few days. The trigger is the best DA auto I've ever handled...not too far away from S&W revolver actions.

Maybe now I can retire my Walther P99...good gun, but it's like the Beretta...it works when you pull the trigger, but the more I shoot it the less I like it.

SouthpawShootr
May 27, 2005, 10:58 AM
The .45 is the most size efficient of the three. They're all the same size. You might get an extra round or so out of the 9s and .40s, but I see the .45 as the most popular. I'm seriously thinking of picking up a Pro to compliment my standard PT-145.

tex45acp
May 27, 2005, 11:05 AM
Dog,

I hope you have as good of luck with your's as I have had with mine. I am at over 600 rounds with zero problems and it is my daily BUG. It is also my primary when in the office or in areas where the larger primaries are not worn.

I really like this gun and totally trust my welfare to it. I have the newest Millennium Pro PT-145 with the small light rail up front. I have many friends that have shot it and some have purchased one or more. One of my buddies bought two for himself and one for his wife.

Good luck with yours.

stolivar
May 27, 2005, 05:00 PM
I just got my new pt145 in today. The sad news is it did not come with the rail. It was ordered through davisons. I will try to shoot it tues. It did come with two mags though.

steve

als54
May 27, 2005, 05:56 PM
Rail or no rail it's still a great CCW. I just got mine 2 months ago and it was made in April 2003. I love it...

Rusty Jr
May 27, 2005, 06:15 PM
Just got back from the range with my new single stack .45 PT-745. I like it better than my old PT145, the single stack is about 4-5 oz lighter, and it's of course thinner in the grip, which really makes the differnce for me, for summer CCW, you can see my short report here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=140441

The PT-745 is physically the same size as my Kahr CW9 (econo P9), but weighs a little more than the Kahr. I'd rather carry 7rnd of .45, than 8rnds of 9mm, if the size is the same :rolleyes: Looks like my CW9 will be in the "For Sale" forum this weekend.

Russ93YJ
May 27, 2005, 06:44 PM
my dad has a mil, and its a reliable gun, compact, easy to take down but can get tricky to put back together, i would recomend shooting the XD subcompact. good luck with it all.

Forseti
May 27, 2005, 10:43 PM
I own a PT145 that came out just before the "Pro" models...

Its a fantastic shooter...VERY accurate. very reliable. Light, nice to carry. No signs of trouble or frame issues.

A great purchase. Looks like its one of the good ones...

...If I ever see a Titanium frame PT111 Pro model at a good price, I may have to get it. I have absolutely no need for it...but I would probably snap it up...

Eghad
May 28, 2005, 04:08 PM
I do own some Tarus Guns.......

I recently purchased a PT 140 with the stainless steel slide....it worked great. the pistol fot well in the hand.

However the DAO trigger was crap...

I own a couple of Glocks and there was no comparison between the two. I shot my Mdl 26 at the same time as the PT 140... The Glocks trigger was far superior to the Millenium Pro

Traded the Millenium Pro in on a XD 40 S&W shich is a superior pistol.

call it like I see em.....

It Taurus can do something about the trigger I might buy another one...

knowledge98
May 28, 2005, 06:02 PM
see I've fired a G22 and then my taurus pt-11, I'd have to agree a lil bit I prefer the glock trigger over my taurus but I wouldn't exactly say its crap..my mother inlaws boyfriend (who owns the g22) likes my taurus trigger over his glock...its all personal preference..

Eghad
May 28, 2005, 07:49 PM
On PT 140 SS it was crap to me....I cant speak for every Tarus pistol. maybe it was that one...but I will never own another Millenium pro till it gets better. My double action revolvers have a better trigger than that. My Beretta 92F has a better trigger..lol

keep in mind that I have several custom shop 1911A1s where the trigger pull is sweetness. I have a couple of Glocks, Berreta, Revolvers that I use in DAO mode, Browning Hi-Power..ect . They all put this trigger to shame..

There was no comparison between the trigger on my Model 26 Glock and the PT140 it was like daylight and dark. I put 100 rounds through each one.

Other than that I had no problems with the pistol. It seemed to be soundly built. Nice feel and the compact size was great. It fed without incedent. I was really really dissapointed with it because of the trigger or I wouldnt have traded it... I really liked it, just cant abide a trigger like that.

MillCreek
May 28, 2005, 08:40 PM
Trigger pull weight and length of pull can be so very subjective from person to person. I probably got spoiled in my early firearms career by routinely carrying an AMT DAO Backup in 9 mm. A long, double-action only pull at about 22 pounds or so. However, the pistol was very reliable and compact, and I can live with a long and heavy trigger pull on a pocket pistol when that is the only safety mechanism against an AD.

So anything less than the AMT feels pretty good to me! My 9 mm Millennium Pro has a good, but very long trigger pull.

stolivar
May 28, 2005, 08:41 PM
I own both the mil pro and the XD. The XD is by far the superior weapon platform. I just bought a new pt145 pro this weekend for $320 out the door. It sure does have one sweet trigger. Still not as good as the Glock or the XD40SC I have. But still 11 sweet babies in the gun says a lot.

steve

AustinMike
May 28, 2005, 11:37 PM
Seems like a lot of people don't like the PT-145's trigger pull. For me, it was one of the selling points. For a carry gun, I want the heavier trigger pull, especially when I'm carrying with the muzzle stuck down in my pants. The external safety is a nice feature in my book as well. The trigger pull is very similar to my double action revolvers. It is heavy and long, but very smooth. The second strike capability adds a little more peace of mind.

The XD's look to be a great gun, I like the grip safety. Unfortunately it doesn't come in .45 ACP or I'd be all over it (no GAP for me, I don't want another cartridge to load and I already crank out lots of .45 ACP for competition.) Safety-less Glocks just make me jittery with IWB carry. Nope, that little nub on the trigger just doesn't instill much of a sense of safety to me. The grip on the Glock just ain't right to me either. The PT-145 and XD are more natural feeling in my hand.

N.H. Yankee
May 29, 2005, 08:37 AM
I have the pro 40S&W and have not had any problems, I use reloads and factory ammo also. The trigger is fine for me, the sights are well designed and the gun shoots very well for a small short sight radius pistol. I would stay away from the nonpro millenium guns as I just saw another last week at a gunshop with a cracked frame for sale, the owner said he hadnt noticed it but I am aware of the problem with the nonpro's and it was the first thing I looked for. I think for the money they are a good gun and the lifetime no fine print warrenty is something the rest of the industry should implement.

cocojo
May 29, 2005, 09:31 AM
I own a PT-140 which shoots great. I did have the plastic trigger break and shipped the gun back for repair. I like the looks of the Millenium over the Pro but the trigger has a tendency to give me a blister after fifty or so rounds. My fingers are big and it rubs on the trigger guard. Ten rounds of 40 you can't go wrong. I love the gun but I wish the trigger was shorter stroking. I also see no need for the manual safety, which serves me no purpose since I am left handed. Other than that this gun carries very well and shoot big bullets. I may even consider buying one in 45 or a 24/7 in 45.
Trigger pull reset needs to be shorter, more glock like and they will sell a ton of these.

Eghad
May 29, 2005, 02:32 PM
Yeh my bottom part of the index finger got a small blister......after 100 rounds

I have no experience with any other Millenium pistol...so dont take it as a dont buy it for you.

just wasnt right for me......

I think one of my next pistols will be a Springfield XD Subcompact in .40, I like the idea of the grip safety........

chaim
May 31, 2005, 01:59 PM
The PT 111/140/145 Millenium series really has 3 incarnations.

The original production Milleniums (about the first 1-2 years) had some issues. Most buyers seemed to find them accurate and reliable (day to day), but a substantial proportion of them seemed to have problems with pins shearing (PT111 and PT140) or frame cracking (PT145). They were a great size for CCW but had terrible triggers.

After about a year to year and a half Taurus seemed to have fixed the frame cracking issues and pin shearing, however by then the Millenium series was "tainted" and few people were willing to give them a chance. Also, unless you know what the serial numbers mean you don't know if you are getting an early or later gun. The triggers still were terrible.

About a year (or just over a year) ago they came out with the Millenium Pro. It is a much beefed up version of the Millenium (about 25% more weight and mass). I have heard of no frame or pin issues. The trigger is much improved (very similar to a medium quality DA revolver pull). They are still quite accurate for the size and most are quite reliable. While bigger than the older Millenium series they are still a good CCW size and depending upon your pants pockets can still fit in some pockets. They don't seem to have any more issues than anything else (and I've heard fewer complaints from owners than most other guns). The main issue, I think Taurus should have changed the name because these really are totally different guns from the old Millenium that look a little similar, but because they kept the PT111/140/145 and Millenium names they are still tainted in many peoples' minds with the troubles of the first Milleniums (it also makes buying holsters more complicated because the larger Pros can't fit in a holster made for the original Milleniums).

About the only issue is that the front and rear sights sometimes come loose or even come off. Still, that isn't anything that 10 seconds and 2cents worth of loctite won't fix. At nearly half the price locally as the SA XD and less than half the price of a new Glock locally (two guns that I consider comparable quality) I'll take the need for a few cents of loctite and a few seconds of work.

I bought a PT 140 Millenium Pro about a month ago. I have put 300 rounds through it (50 rounds 180 gr WWB JHP, 50 rounds 180gr UMC with the flat tip, 100 rounds 180gr WWB FMJ and 100 rounds 165gr WWB FMJ) with no issues. Accuracy is much more than I would hope for such a small gun, and better than some full-size guns. Fit and finish is pretty nice (no tool marks, feels solid, fits up well, only the bluing seems a little thin). In fact, my best friend who is a Kimber and Kahr owner (his "cheap" gun is a CZ 85 Combat) was impressed with the quality of this little gun. I am impressed enough that I'm probably going to invest in night sights (with installation they'll likely cost nearly half of the price of the gun itself) and when out of state where I can CCW I'll probably carry it more than my J-frame or K-frames (anyone who has paid attention to my posts knows how big a statement that is). I probably will pick up either the PT745 (I'd love to see the compact version made in 9mm or .40 though- I like those calibers better in short barrelled guns) or the PT111 Millenium Pro in titanium if I run across the right deal.

Bullrock
May 31, 2005, 03:51 PM
Very nice post!!! Good read... :D

chaim
May 31, 2005, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the compliment.

Pamato
May 31, 2005, 09:26 PM
Chaim,
that was a truly eloquent post. And I like the pt series, old and new.

I have an old model pt-145 that I like carrying. Very cofortable, both in the size and fit, and in what it carries (10+1 WSTHP).

I have an XD-40 duty model that I also carry, but my favorite is the pt. I would not mind trading to a pt-140, but have no true desire to leave the Taurus line.

Paul

SIGmatic
June 9, 2005, 05:08 PM
Two months ago I was trying to decide on a compact 9mm. My friend at the gun shop advised me that the Taurus Millenium Pro was free of the past problems with the PT111. I was told they have sold thirty some PT111's this year and had to return two to the factory. This was due to user error. The manual warns against disabeling the firing mechanisim with the supplied key while the slide is open. Two people didn't read the manual and the caution on this. DUH!
I would say that a very thourough cleaning, as with any new firearm, is necessary before firing. I have never seen a new pistol with so much factory gunk trapped inside.
I would also recomend you have the dealer demonstrate the slide removal, and have you try it before you take the firearm home. While removal is not difficult, it is mildly tricky. Reassembly is a breeze!
Two months and 700 rds later I am completely happy. I find it is very accurate at around ten yards, and feeds a variety of ammunition. It operates smoothly and recoil is to me, very manageable for such a light pistol. The trigger pull is a bit long, but smooth after break-in. Concealed carry is very comfortable. The pistol lacks any uncomfortable protrusions, and it is so light! My only negative comment would be that the mag release is a bit touchy, and I know a gunsmith who might have a cure for that.
I purchased mine for $289.00 plus tax and it came with two 12 round magazines!

Pamato
June 9, 2005, 09:06 PM
I am eagerly awaiting the phone call telling me my pt-140 mil pro is in. should be here in a day or so.
MOre to come
pt

kgpcr
June 10, 2005, 12:55 AM
Try a Springfield XD you will fall in love with it!! personaly i think its a much better pistol. in my opinion i think its alot better quality than a Glock and they make great guns.

larry3
June 10, 2005, 06:03 PM
Had my pt 145 mil pro for 3 weeks and have put 450 rounds through it. no problems at all. Very solid and comfortable.No complaints at all. Paid 340.00 nib with a holster and box of bullets to go with it. Am looking into getting a pt140 mil pro in a few weeks. the 145 mil pro is going to be my carry weapon when i get my ccw.

jvlip3
June 10, 2005, 06:18 PM
How about a real 45 like my Springfield Armory Mil-spec. No plastic to crack or shear and thousands of America's foes will attest to the 1911A1's ability.

als54
June 10, 2005, 07:11 PM
Too big to carry and not enough rounds. Just kidding...the 1911 is a fine weapon, but personally I don't care for the saftey system on it.

Dog Confetti
June 11, 2005, 11:48 AM
The XD's fine, but not as a sub-compact (just like the Glock)...I can get my whole hand on the Taurus.

I've already got a Springfield 1911 and I dig it, but it's not the greatest CCW material...it pinches my ass when I sit down and prints pretty badly (it is narrower though).

So far I'm thrilled with the PT145 (haven't put very many rounds through it yet), and have no reason to regret the purchase.

stolivar
June 11, 2005, 04:33 PM
I have both the PT145 Pro and the XD40SC. I mainly carry the pt145 as it is easyier to hide. The XD is still the better gun though.

steve :D

Rusty Jr
June 11, 2005, 04:45 PM
Almost ditto with stolivar, except I now have a PT745 and an XD40SC which share carry duties.

The XD is a better gun, but the PT745 conceals better.

The PT745 is my spring/summer/fall carry option and the XD40SC is for winter with a jacket/coat.