PDA

View Full Version : I love my SIG P-220!!!!!

1991gulfwarvet
May 10, 2005, 05:40 AM
I am in a corrections officer acadamy in Florida and at this time we are going through firearms training.
I have been a 1911 shooter for over 15 years and enjoy as much range time as possible.Recently I traded in my 1911 for a SIG P-220 .45acp.I have not had as much time as I would have liked shooting it yet, but yesterday I had a chance to bring in my sig to shoot against one of my instructors.
We shot at 10in. metal plates @ 125yds. from the weaver stance.
I managed to hit the plate 43 out of 50 rounds with stock fixed sights and a completely stock gun. My instructor hit 38 out of 50 rounds with his glock 21 with a ported barrel and 3.5lb. trigger and 3dot night sights.
I have never shot a .45 at that distance before and didn't expect to hit such a small target.
This is the most accurate .45 I have ever shot and can recommend it to anyone who wants to hit what they aim at. I have put about 500rnds through it in the last 2 months without any FTF. SIG's ROCK!!!!! :D

Paul B.
May 10, 2005, 09:32 AM
I have several 1911s that have been set up for combat shooting, accurate but still loose enough to be totally reliable under any conditions. I picked up a SIG P-220 .45 ACP as part of a trade, and it outshoots my custom 45s by a whole bunch. You're right, they are superbly accurate right from the box. I'm assuming mine is stock, but it does have, I'm assuming, factory installed target sights.
My only kick is, being a relaoder, that gun sure does kick the brass way to hell and gone. Even the light target loads kick the brass over 20 feet away and then some.
Your right about one thing. It's a great handgun.
Paul B.

Ala Dan
May 10, 2005, 12:38 PM
Amen My Brother's In Arms-

The world class SIG-SAUER P220 is worthy of all the hype it receives! :)
As you may know, it has long since been MY favorite .45 ACP. In look'in
back, I don't know what took me so long to acquire my first one? :( I
should have latched on to one of the original Browning BDA's back in
1975; as it was destined to become the SIG-SAUER P220~Enjoy! :D

Best Wishes,