PDA

View Full Version : 11.25mm argentina pistol?

chuckler3
April 29, 2005, 02:29 PM
got a pistol.. all scribings are in spanish. sides say ejercito argentino on one side. other side says pistola automatica C.11.25mm fabricada por "HAFDASA". patentes internacionales "ballister - molinas" Industria Argentina.. im looking for information on the gun, and breakdown and cleaning information. any help is much appreciated.

Edward429451
April 29, 2005, 02:33 PM
I do believe you have an Argentine 45ACP pistol. Supposed to be darn good pistols from what I hear.

novus collectus
April 29, 2005, 02:37 PM
If it has a trigger that pivots, then it is a ballista. If it has a trigger just like a colt 1911 and slides, then you have a colt licensed Systema. From the name it sounds like you have a Ballista. The Ballistas will not accept most (if not all?) parts that will fit into a colt 1911. I am not sure and I am guessing, but I would assume that it field strips just like a Colt 1911 would.

novus collectus
April 29, 2005, 02:38 PM
Edward,
The Systema's are great pistols (IMO and I own one) but the Ballistas seem to have a terrible reputation. I would own one though.

chuckler3
April 29, 2005, 02:41 PM
it pivots.. so it's a ballista.. i have a cleaning kit.. does anyone have a website or know where to find the breakdown procedure. i'm a little clueless about this gun.

chuckler3
April 29, 2005, 02:57 PM
could use some help with breaking this gun down and cleaning it. these guns were inherited and i have no idea what im doing cleaning them.. only fired them before..

Edward429451
April 29, 2005, 03:06 PM
nc, yeah my buddy had one once (Systema) and while I poo poo'd it at the time he got it I soon learned it wasn't bad at all. Now I hear some smiths are using them as a good base pistol to build up!

Chuckler, I can't find anything on the Ballista version. Did a couple searches for it and came up empty. No clue there. But the SBH, I own one of those and what you do is cock the hammer a click or two (until it frees up the cylinder and allows it to rotate freely) and (open the loading gate) push in the pin on the left side of the frame and wiggle the pin out that goes through the cylinder and the cylinder will come out then so you can clean it. Piece of cake. You're gonna love that one, its a keeper for sure.

HTH's.

STEVE M
April 29, 2005, 03:39 PM
It field strips the same as a colt (or any 1911). The thumb safety can stay on while cycling the slide (if I recall correctly). Bushing, barrel, recoil spring and guide are interchangeable with 1911's but fitting may be required. Tolerences vary on these guns. Trigger mech. grips, and frame internals are all different.
I use to own one for while. Gave it up in a trade. Not a bad shooter, just wasn't what I wanted.

Penman
April 29, 2005, 03:49 PM
Sometimes it's called Ballester Molina, might try that spelling. I've handled one, it appeared much less refined that the Sistemas.

Dave Sample
April 29, 2005, 04:01 PM
It is similar to a Star in design and does not work like the 1911's we are used to. It has a pinned trigger with half a trigger bar and does not use grip screw bushings. It is not worth working on, but should fire 45 ACP Ball OK and be fine for underneath the pick up truck seat. The 1927's are much better guns.