PDA

View Full Version : 1908 Brazilian mauser

kart racer
April 28, 2005, 05:21 PM
A local shop has a 1908 mauser w/matching #'s in very good-excellent condition.The serial # is less than 400.Does anyone have an idea what this rifle might be worth.The wood is beautiful and rifling appears very sharp.Thanks.

spacemanspiff
April 28, 2005, 06:05 PM
it hasnt been sporterized at all? original stock? undrilled/tapped? still has rear sights?

isnt the brazilian chambered in 7x57? not the 8x57?

hows the bore look? dark? shiny? pitted? any factory markings visible on the reciever? crest?

edit - http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=31413496
look anything like this one?

kart racer
April 28, 2005, 06:57 PM
all crests,markings are very deep,bore needs cleaned but land and grooves appear very sharp.cartouche in stock very good-i think the rear sight went to 2000 meters,it is in great shape.the bluing is probably 95%,but the back of the receiver is sort of a light green finish.action feels very smooth,not loose like my mosin.I don't know what factory made it.he also had an enfield that looked in very good condition-the wood on it was pretty remarkable too.the mauser was original stock,etc...

Clemson
April 29, 2005, 09:40 AM
The 1908 Brazilian in the condition you describe would be worth in excess of $300, perhaps as much as $450-500 if really pristine. It is a fine gun with machining that could not be touched by any commercial rifle today.

Clemson

Wildalaska
April 29, 2005, 10:34 AM
Got to take it out of the stock to check for stock line pitting

WildimperativeonthosegunsAlaska