Trijicon night sights
M3 Streamlight
Bianchi "triple threat" mag pouch
Bianchi Accumold Holster
Hogue combat grips
a coupla boxes of ammo
price:
500 bucks!

I couldn't believe my ears. Of course, I'll be taking up his offer for sure.

Alaskanmonte
April 14, 2005, 02:55 PM
I'm not a Glock fan, but that seems like a fair deal to me. Good luck with your purchase. :)

Unique 5.7
April 14, 2005, 03:01 PM
Glock 19 police trade ins can be bought from the store around here for ~ $350. They seem to have been heavily used and worn.
New Glock 19's can be bought for $500.
Since the gun seems to have been used very lightly and you get all those extras, sounds like it is worth it.

yorec
April 14, 2005, 04:24 PM
I wondered about the $500 price too, but with all those additions... Yep - pretty fair price.

stephen426
April 14, 2005, 04:38 PM
I'm not saying that this is the case, just playing devil's advocate to be on the safe side.

Check it out to see if it has been abused before buying it. Glocks are tough weapons but are still susceptible to abuse. How well do you know this guy? Do you believe the claim he only shot 300 rounds through it? Have you asked him why he would want to part with such a great gun? Is he the original owner of the gun and is it registered? Could it have been used in the commision of a crime?

I would also suggest you have someone draft a purchase agreement so that you have the official date of transfer. Have this document notarized. This may seem overly cautios but it is the safest way to do things. If this is a good buddy of your that you know very well, then ignore my post. You just said that he was this "guy at work".

Tripplethreat
April 14, 2005, 04:55 PM
I bought my G19 very slightly used 10 yesrs ago.I got it with 2 10rd mags,3 15 rd mags,a glock holster,and a Kramer IWB holster,all for 360.00.
I added a set of Arotek night sights and have been shooting the fool out of it ever since. Take the deal. You can't wreck a G19 with use.

Whiskey Tango
April 14, 2005, 06:21 PM
Get the serial before you do anything, and check if it was one of the models that the recall affected.

boofus
April 14, 2005, 07:02 PM
Won't Glock replace your frame free of charge if it was one of the recalled ones?

fwcofficer
April 14, 2005, 08:21 PM
I would jump all over that, in fact, if you don't do it, have him send it my way. Give it a good lookover and if there is no obvious damage to it, and you know the guy well, by all means, go for it. I just paid 489.99 for my new 19 and I love it, and I would pay that much again for another one. I would get the private transfer documentation notorized as someone else said just to be safe.

brokendreams
April 15, 2005, 10:11 AM
Iknow the guy well enough to talk guns with him, and he is as trustworthy as they come.

He mentioned he wouldn't do anything BUT a TFL transfer, and I'm loking over the guntomarrow.

The reason he wants to get rid of it: He has 7 9mm and is wanting to buy a nice 1911 to compliment his many other guns.

Thanks for the advice guys!

stephen426
April 15, 2005, 01:47 PM
Not a problem. Like I said, it is better to be cautious if you don't know him that well. Since that isn't the case, go right ahead. The extras really make it a good deal. Enjoy.