PDA

View Full Version : Ruger KP345

univtxattorney
April 5, 2005, 08:53 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this gun? I have been looking at it and I have had to exercise considerable willpower to keep from buying it. Would it work as a CCW weapon? Any opinions would be much appreciated! :) Thanks in advance.

Topthis
April 5, 2005, 09:20 PM
Great gun!! My favorite actually. Shoots great, accurate out of the box, the recoil is suprisingly low. The take down is really easy, almost as easy as my XD. I do not CCW, but it does have a low profile and I have read alot of posts where people are CCW w/ it.
There were some feeding issues on the last round, but these were with early production models. Ruger acknowledged the problem and has since dealt with it.
If you have a range that has one, try it out, you will be very pleased with the handling and especially the accuracy.

chuckt
April 5, 2005, 11:25 PM
I love mine!! I have seen some people post about the feeding problems, I think most had earlier issue guns. I have put about 300 rounds through mine without a problem.

pdh
April 6, 2005, 06:09 AM
univtxattorney.............go to

www.rugerforum.com

You will find all kinds of info on the 345, plus all the other P series pistols

WolfDog
April 6, 2005, 10:22 AM
I have one as well and I love mine.

it is lighter and easier to conceal than a full sized 1911.

the only problem my has had since I bought it has been that it occasionally will slam shut when inserting a fresh magazine into the gun but I believe this was due to me improperly putting the recoil spring back in after cleaning. The spring is slightly tapered on one end yet it will go together either way.

Rugerforum.com has a lot of info on the problems people have had with the early versions of the P345 as well as many folks who have had 0 problems from it. The main thing to remember is that you almost never hear about guns with no problems yet every gun that has a problem will be complained about religiously. It is a new design for Ruger and the early guns had some bugs to work out. But since then they have worked them out.

I love mine and it shoots better than I can currently. My biggest problem I have is my hands get tired long before the gun gets tired of putting them in the 9 ring. Much more accurate than the GP100 I sold to finance buying it.

SPFLD45
April 29, 2005, 04:52 PM
I Bought Mine Brand New For $389- Love It- 200rnds Or So Down Range No Problems Yet. As Far As The Ftf Problems- All You Got To Do Is Polish The Ramp And Throat It A Little.

cavediver27
April 29, 2005, 06:51 PM
I love mine! It has great ergonomics, picatinny rail and less felt recoil by far than my Colt 1911A1 or even my Ruger P95 9mm. I purchased a Streamlight M-3 tactical Illuminator for it and it has now become my home defense 'bedroom gun' along with being my favorite range shooter.

Several of my buddies have tried it and they liked it as much as me. Give one a try, I believe you'll like it.

briang2ad
April 29, 2005, 08:06 PM
I would get this OR the IMI Baby Eagle. The Ruger looks great and feels great in the hand. I think it is just as good if not better than SIG in the fit and finish and it looks better. And it is $200 less. The only thing I do not like is the "manual safety" - I would want the decocker like the P97.

Topthis
April 29, 2005, 08:12 PM
Briang2ad
The gun is great and it comes in Decocker too!! Go to the range and fire a few rounds to make sure you will like the fit and feel. It is my favorite gun and it is in my IWB as I am typing. I used what I saved, over buying a Kimber like all of my buddies to buy a ton of ammo and a few holsters!!