PDA

View Full Version : "FM" Hi Power? aka M95 Classic

GroovedG19
March 25, 2005, 12:08 AM
Hello TFL.

I'm interested in buying a Browning or FN Hi Power.

At my local gunshop, I see a Hi Power clone that says "M95 Classic" on the slide.It's all black with the MKIII style polymer grips.

I also read an article abou this very make/model.A company called FM makes it and is from Argentina.

Any1 have experience with this "FM Hi Power" ?Is it as good as the Browning's or FN's?

Any comments are appreciated.
Thank you.

Sir William
March 25, 2005, 02:23 AM
For all intents and purposes, it IS a Browning Hi-Power. They are made in Argentina on Browning patterns and to all FN specifications except for some minor external appearance differences. ALL parts will interchange and aftermarket parts also. Buy it without reservation.

Cliff47
March 25, 2005, 07:55 AM
You might check out www.Cruffler.com for a review of the 'Argentine Browning High Powers' in the archives. The review discusses the first clones of the 1965 BHP, and the later M90 and M95 models.

Eric Larsen
March 25, 2005, 09:32 AM
Id have to agree that the old ones in a sense were the same as FN/Browning HP's.....but they are the old ones. The license to produce them ran out long ago and the quality of the FM models went down hill quickly. Loose fitting parts and poor metal are problems Ive heard of.
Many many people think the FEG copies are better. Personally out of the FM, FEG and ARCUS models.......Ive owned the Argus and they are stellar guns.
Shoot well....................

Vitamin G
March 25, 2005, 11:50 AM
I love my FM hi-power. Its a great shooter, and I couldn't be happier, especially at $300. Makes me want a high priced hi-power just to have one. I also want the detective slide...

GroovedG19
March 25, 2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks to all who've replied.Your comments have been most helpful and appreciated.

The FM M95 Classic doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.I want a real deal Browning or FN Hi Power MKIII.

So the search begins.

Thanks again.