PDA

View Full Version : Help with FAL parts

zach13168
March 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
Hi fellas, I'm trying to put together my first FAL build and I am in the process of getting parts. I do not want to get a parts kit and I am currently buying individual parts from DSA. I have compiled a list of parts so far, could you guys help me make sure I have listed all the parts I need. (I know I’m missing a lot).

FAL/SA58 Para Complete Front End with 18'' bipod-cut military grade barrel, U.S. made

Steyr Short Flashider, new design

Extended Selector Switch, U.S. Made, semi-auto, fits metric lowers only

Complete Lightweight Lower Receiver with imported internals

7075T6 Lightweight Alloy Cocking Handle Complete Assembly, U.S. Made

Upper reciver (please help me pick one)

Thanks
Zach

The Body Bagger
March 12, 2005, 12:22 PM
you're really better off buying a parts kit. All the little screws and pins are going to be a real pain if you go this route. Get yourself a parts kit and buy the 7 US compliance parts, refinish and whoala.

redhawk41
March 12, 2005, 12:24 PM
love my fal!

check out this forum:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php

they have a lot of information there.

if the upper doesn't come with them, you will also need bolt, bolt carrier, and dust cover. my bolt carrier has the sand cuts, increases reliability in not so great conditions.

if the front end did not come with them, you will need gas piston and spring. check out this site for some good assembly info:
http://wecsog.org/fal/carbine/
edit:oops wrong url

good luck with your project, it kinda makes you feel like luke skywalker building your own lightsaber. you get to know your weapon very well.

gordo b.
March 12, 2005, 12:48 PM
GET AN IMBEL RECIEVER!
you are gonna need an : action wrench, which must be used with a 3/4" torque wrench and comes with an indexing template. A locking block GUAGE kit, which is about $35(to select the correct locking block), and a go and no go .308 guage set AND the "Gunplumbers Guide"
OR send to Arizona Response Systems to have them build you a nice 'un! :)