PDA

View Full Version : Well, I had always told myself...

9x19
March 11, 2005, 07:40 PM
... If I ever find one at a reasonable price...

Stopped by the local shop today, and found this beast at a very reasonable price... complete with factory scope rail, spare mag, and original box and paperwork.

It's a Desert Eagle MkI in .357 Magnum, and redefines the term: HUGE!

I should have time to shoot it this weekend... never shot a DE before, so I'm looking forward to it!!!

Springer45
March 11, 2005, 11:52 PM
Very nice. I'm looking for the right deal on one too. I'm in no hurry, but it WILL eventually come along.

I've got a buddy with a .50AE and I've had the pleasure on a few occasions. I wouldn't buy that caliber, but it sure is fun to shoot someone elses (especially when the ammo is his too).

When I get mine, I'm not sure if I'd opt for .357 or .44. That's why I think I'll go with a MK XIX - so I can get the conversion kit.

Hope she's a good shooter.

9x19
March 13, 2005, 05:20 PM
I've only had the chance to put 50 rounds down range, but I gotta tell y'all… this thing is SWEET!

I had no failures to feed, fire or eject, and accuracy was quite good at 25 yards. I only tested one factory load (UMC's 125 JSP), but with it, I was able to shoot some nicely rounded ¾" groups off the bench… that's about as well as I can shoot any centerfire pistol.

Ringing my steel plates at 40 yards was quite easy as well. One thing, this pistol is heavy! Having this thing hanging off the end of your arm for an extended session will get your attention! After my range session, I came in the house and fitted a piece of skate-baord tape to that slippery front strap… the grip is large enough that the lack of purchase was pronounced.

All said, and done… this old Desert Eagle is definitely a keeper! :D

Springer45
March 13, 2005, 07:36 PM
So, will you be changing your handle to 9 x 33?

(somebody check my math)