PDA

View Full Version : STI Trojan

Detective_Special
March 8, 2005, 06:36 PM
Looking to buy an STI Trojan 5". Any feedback on this make and model would be appreciated. Thanks

KeithB
March 8, 2005, 06:55 PM
I had one I just sold in 45. Accurate as hell but I had at least 2 ftf malfunctions per 50 round sessions. Put a thousand rounds thinking it was just tight and new, I think the chamber demensions are too small. Other than that okay gun a little expensive given that it wasn't totally reliable. I won't keep or spend more money on something that should be reliable out of the box. :barf:

Mike Chen
March 9, 2005, 11:07 PM
Overall, my experience with the STI Trojan .45 is ok. It loads pretty much everything that I've thrown at it. (FMJ, JHP so far.) It's pretty accurate in someone else's hands. :)

The only issue that I have had with the Trojan (and this issue seems to be pretty systemic) is the magazine catch that comes with the Trojan is a smidge too high, so depending on luck of the draw, some mags won't properly lock into place. For example, when I first got the Trojan, McCormick power mags worked fine, but Wilson mags did not lock into place (feedlip would hit ejector before mag catch would lock.)

Replacing the magazine catch fixed this.

Eric Larsen
March 10, 2005, 09:49 PM
Get it Get it Get it.....my favorite gun! Ive had 2 a Ranger and Trojan and I regret selling the Trojan worse than any other gun Ive had. They are scary accurate, run like a timex on meth and are just plain nice. My dad had his Wilson when I got mine and kicked himself for spending 2 1/2 times as much...
Its that nice...........shoot well.

Stephen A. Camp
March 10, 2005, 11:04 PM
Hello. I've had very good luck with a couple of them and find them exceptionally accurate. Neither has failed to feed or eject since I've owned them and over several thousand rounds.

Best.

JMN
March 11, 2005, 05:42 AM
Got one in .45. Ordered one in 9mm too because,the .45 is so nice.

Joe D
March 11, 2005, 08:13 AM
I have worked on a couple of them. They appear to be OK. I just don't care for a cast frame when I can get a Kimber, for less money, that has a forged frame.
The only thing I replace on a Kimber is the grip safety, but that's personal.