PDA

View Full Version : A bad day shooting skeet is still btter than a good day at work

gxi.llc
February 28, 2005, 02:20 AM
I never realized what a difference the background can make while shooting skeet. I just shout four rounds out in the desert in a barren valley with these big dark gray mountains looming in the background. I'm used to shooting around green stuff with a few trees but mostly sky behind the targets. I think it got to me mentally, felt like the field was bigger and the shots longer. I shot like s*** because my head wasn't where it should have been. I can see for someone competing on any kind of circuit that shooting at as many different fields as possible could be a big help when competing someplace new. It really wasn't a bad day, I had a lot of fun and enjoyed shooting with my brother who I never get to shoot with. Wouldn't have traded it for anything.

Clemson
February 28, 2005, 10:48 AM
I know how you feel. My club put up lights after years of daytime-only shooting. The first nighttime experience was a doozy! Those birds just did not look the same at all! Hits, on the other hand, were easier to see at night than during the daylight hours. The smallest chip showed up under the lights.

And you are right about the fun quotient. Miss 'em or break 'em, it is all a bunch of fun!

Clemson

Ackley Improved User
March 2, 2005, 07:02 PM
I just took 2 hours out of work to go trap shooting - it was great! Playing hooky like this is good for the soul.