PDA

View Full Version : If you could only have one....

4V50 Gary
November 20, 1998, 12:09 AM
OK, if you could only have one selective fire weapon, what would it be?

Bottom Gun
November 20, 1998, 01:53 PM
I'd opt for an AR-18

David
November 20, 1998, 03:36 PM
What is this new device that replaces the
back plate on a Glock and converts it to select fire?

Check out www.fss-g.com

ATF hasn't called me back yet, but can't you
get a FORM 1 tax stamp on that with your Glock?

November 20, 1998, 04:19 PM
M-249 SAW, because it's just so much darn fun. Since the only time you really need select fire is in a support capacity anyways.... ;)

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
http://www.bladeforums.com

Hilton
November 21, 1998, 10:50 AM
M16 family, either CAR15 or M4. Easy, cheap parts replacement. The MP5 is great, but parts and mags are a hassle.

Kodiac
November 25, 1998, 03:54 PM
HK G36K, with lots of them cool add on's.
A, its an HK and B it's in .223, not a pistol caliber.

Of course, as long as I am dreaming here why not the Soviet 14.7MM heavy machine gun? What can't you take out with that?

No No... I want a the 30MM Avenger Cannon out of an A-10! Mount it in the back of my V10 powered Dodge... What Could be better?

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defence Institute
[email protected]

JKump
December 1, 1998, 09:27 PM
If I could have only one it would be the H&K 53. It gives you a .223 in an almost sub-gun format( it is a touch bigger than an mp5). It can give you full auto close quarter fire or works well as a permiter support weapon that gives you more punch than those with handgun ammo. Last but not least it is an H&K know for their reliablity.

ShadedDude
December 2, 1998, 01:09 AM
MP5...as Kodiac said...its a HK, and its got tons of parts to play with!

------------------

Mouse Assassins inc.

David
December 2, 1998, 05:29 PM
Vollmer conversion Model 51.

Similar to a G3KA4, but shorter. You can shoot full power (if your ears can stand .308 from an 8.5" barrel) and the compensator works! Or, you can shoot reduced power loads but still have the bigger bullet punch. It's rare that I have so much fun shooting a firearm, and this one fills the bill! HOO YA!

Rob Pincus
December 3, 1998, 05:27 PM
Glock 18 with a folding Glock-stock. I can't imagine a situation where you would need or desire FA at long range.

BTW, that piece that changes your Glock to full auto is legal only if you have a Class III manufacturers license or if you buy it as a post-86 dealer sample.

------------------
-Essayons

Gattling
December 18, 1998, 07:58 PM
H&K MP5/10.
A)It's a HK
B)it's a MP 5
C)Shoots 10mmNorma and isn't likely to wear out soon

For nostalgia Suomi M-31 9mmPara.
Nice to have a 50 or 70 round drum ;)
Besides russian PPsh is a poor quality simplified copy of above.

Rob Pincus
December 18, 1998, 08:01 PM
A friend of mine shoots clays with his 9mm Suomi. He loads mags with straight Vector ammo, looks like a laser beam. Pretty cool.

------------------
-Essayons

christian
December 24, 1998, 02:00 PM
Just one? Rifle; m-16. Handgun glock model 18. Or a Calico. Or an old Bushmaster with a folding stock. Nah A GALIL!

James
December 28, 1998, 02:26 AM
Steyr AUG

Shorter and Lighter than AR-15 30 rds .223 and a mean looking SOB

December 29, 1998, 01:13 PM
Selective-fire Amphibian. Quiet, concealable, and cheap to shoot.

[This message has been edited by Mykl (edited 12-29-98).]

Richard SIA
January 1, 1999, 01:51 AM
Only one?
Sterling L2A3 or L34A1 9mm.
Control and reliability.

Art Eatman
January 1, 1999, 04:33 PM
So long as I'm dreaming and drooling, I'd like my old (from Korea, Class of '54) half-track with a quad-fifty mount in back. And a couple or four of you guys, and a much bigger bank account...NOW THAT'S BY GOD ROCK AND ROLL!

Just me and my present world, I still like the old BAR. I'd get more hits at 400-500 meters than with any other one-man critter.

Of course, my notion of close-combat is a .30-'06 at 400 yards or so...

While full-auto is the neatest way there is to turn money into noise, it's still God's way of telling you that you have too much money!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Art

Dennis
January 5, 1999, 01:14 PM
For turning money into noise, how about Puff? As in "Puff the Magic Dragon".
Not first-hand, thank God, but I have seen the concept in the C-47 & C-130. You not only get firepower but a means of commuting!

Puff: "Dallas tower this is Puff. Am I number one to land or do I till your soil..."

Okay, Rich, so I got a "little" carried away.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 01-05-99).]

(Blush) OK. C-130 was Spectre, sorry.

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited 01-06-99).]

4V50 Gary
January 8, 1999, 11:25 AM
OK, I'll fess up that I originally go with an M2 machinegun. Then Art Eatmen's suggestion of the M16 quad 50 halftrack won me over. A little is good, more is better and too much is just about right definitely applies here.

Dennis - like the commute suggestion, but since I don't fly to work, the M16 will have to get me through the commute. Sure it's slower than a mustang, but what you can't outrun, you'll outshoot! :)

chink
January 8, 1999, 01:55 PM
If any of you guys get maxim magazine they have a cool article (ok pictures with prices) of military surplus vehicles that have been refurbished and you can buy, like a russian t-34. nothing like a t-72 or an M1A1 abram, but it would make merging on the freeway a lot more fun. also a bunch of cool misc military surplus articles, b-52/B-1 helmets that protect the pilot against nuclear blasts, bazooka, etc. check it out.

Rob Pincus
January 8, 1999, 02:13 PM
Okay, I just gotsta know.... who much to put a tank in the front yard?

chink
January 8, 1999, 07:04 PM
the cheapest one they had was 18,000, some sort of eastern bloc apc i think. a Vietnam Era Amphibous land vehicle, refurbished was going for like 50,000.

chink
January 15, 1999, 12:05 PM
I finally got my issue of maxim. the t-34/85 a russian ww2 era tank is $40,000,
the dune buggy thing that we used in the gulf is going for 26,000,
the vietnam amphibious land vehicle is like 80,000
so if you have the money and need a new ride, think about it.

Gattling
January 19, 1999, 05:03 AM
Ahem. Russian BTR-60 or 80 Ambhious wheeled APC is around $12000-14000 in here. New and taxes & customs paid.
I'm not certain if the 12,7X105 or 14.5B
calibered HMG on the turrett is extra. But one gets a hefty load of spares with the vehicles as usually with russian hardware.

If U buy 2 U'll allso get a "UAZ" jeep and trailer that carries the spares delievered with the APCs.

Allthou I think that Valmet Pasi is better in the same range (but with multiplied price)
but if one collects warsaw pact militaria...

The Pasi cann allso be had with Ambulance gear as used in UN peacekeeping troops armored ambulances.

Gatt...

PS. Isn't that "buggy thang" called FAV aka Fast Attack Vehicle ?

chink
January 19, 1999, 12:29 PM
Yeah that buggy thang is call the fast attack Vehicle, I couldn't think of the V I knew it was fast attack something, but I didn't remember the V thanks.

Things may be cheaper over there, but the shipping is less, I mean you can drive it from Russia to Finland, but you can't realistically drive one from russia to the US. So things are gonna be a little more expansive, plus, our politicians are stupid. in they're attempt to protect us, they made us prisioners in our own homes.

garrick

jcoleman
July 27, 1999, 08:29 PM
I think I'd like to have the FN P-90. 50 rd mags, 48 layer kevlar penetration, and all that "ergonomically-goodness", makes me feel all tingly.

Dr.Rob
July 28, 1999, 04:41 PM
OK i admit my full auto experience is limited to renting a MAC 10 at a gun range and shooting a USMC M16a2 on a tigerr cruise years ago.. i must offer these two opinions...

Man maybe I watched too Much Combat with Vic Morrow and Rick Jason.. but Cpl. Kirby's BAR sounded WAY cool. Ane the idea of shooting a full auto 30-06 at 400-500 yards with 172 grain MG bullets or 150 grain tracers just makes me drool. Last gun show I saw 3 BAR full autos ranging in price from 18000-25000 dollars depeding on manufacture. (They even had a colt NAVY model)

As far as modern guns go... the dimunutive Bizon SMG from Izmash. a 9mm Makarov smg with a 66 round helical magazine in a shortned AK based reciever.. tasty. (would probably deafen you with that ak74 style muzzlebreak)
But it looks cool.

Ahhhh well maybe someday...

Dr.Rob

David Schmidbauer
July 28, 1999, 09:17 PM
I'll have to agree with Mykl...Selective-fire Amphibian.

------------------
Schmit, GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

mguntony
July 29, 1999, 05:49 PM
Well folks I have shot more than my share of full auto. All have been fun to shoot, some have been just plain exciting. The GAU GE mini gun, was the most, shall I say PLEASURE took me awhile to settle down after that one. It is something to put 1800 rounds of tracer down range after dark, looks like molten metal flying through the air.
Well, you said one gun though, that would have to be the M14E2. That is one firearm that has earned its place in the heart of anyone who ever used it. It shoots well and accurate out to several hundred yards and can fire burst fire as needed. It takes a very well trained individual to fire it in sustained fire though.
By the way for those of you who are interested, I am told that there will be an M60 tank at the Knob Creek shoot this October. The private owner has a couple of real rounds to fire from the main tube as well as live small arms on board. I am looking forward to this show as I love armor, the bigger the better. BTW one of the rounds is a HEAT round I am told. I am bringing my video as well as my still cameras, and hope to see some of you there.

blades67
July 29, 1999, 11:23 PM
Only one?! Then the only one would be the HK G-3. Unlike the M14E3, it doesn't take four months of training to become proficient with the G-3, and they use the same ammo. :)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Sambonator
August 4, 1999, 12:02 AM
Make mine a G3 too!

How soon can I have one? :-)

dsprag
April 25, 2000, 04:32 AM
Well for me it would have to be one of these
A.) MP5N /w suppressor
B.) M-4
C.) G3KA4
D.) Glock 18
E.) HK21E
F.) MP5K
G.) HK SMG 2
H.) SIG 552
I.) AKS-74U
the list goes on.

[This message has been edited by dsprag (edited April 25, 2000).]

George Hill
April 25, 2000, 06:50 AM
Whoa - this is a real Blast From The Past thread!

.357SIG
April 25, 2000, 07:32 PM
HK G3 in the A2 full stock format. :cool:

Medic
April 27, 2000, 07:26 PM
Well, a picture is worth a thousand words....
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=753126&a=5476614

(I know, it's not true a selective fire weapon; but hey who's counting????)

Medic

[This message has been edited by Medic (edited April 27, 2000).]

mussi
April 28, 2000, 07:40 PM
A Steyr AUG. Or, of course, an MP5. As last resort (despite the fact
I'm Swiss) A SIG 55x series. They're also fun.

And - silence them! :)

Jeff51
April 28, 2000, 09:07 PM
I have only One, it's a M3-A1 Grease Gun. :D

------------------
Life member NRA