PDA

View Full Version : 1911 shooters: Recommedations please.

carolinaflats
February 23, 2005, 06:54 PM
Went to the range today to shoot my USP .40 and decided to rent the range's Kimber Pro Carry II. WOW! Made me want to throw the HK in the trash :eek: . What a great shooter! I have now decided to get a similar 1911 for carry/general shooting and was looking for some recommendations from the 1911 buffs here.
I've looking for the following in whatever I get:
-Reliable
-Commander sized(full size frame, 4 inch barrel)
-Ambi-safety(I'm a lefty)
-Night sights(3 dot preferred)
-All stainless construction
I would certainly like a Kimber but was wondering if the Springfield Armory Champion(all stainless, commander sized, ambi-safety, nightsights) would be comparable. It seems to have everything I'm looking for at a lower price. What do you think? I'm also open to any other suggestions of make/model. Thanks!

mikikanazawa
February 23, 2005, 10:03 PM
You know, I've always been a fan of the Kimbers. Recently handled a Springfield 1911 and it seems a good bit nicer than the Kimbers in the same price range. I hope you'll check 'em out.

HappyGunner
February 23, 2005, 10:06 PM
Give the Kimber Tac Pro II a try. ;) I sure like mine shot it yesterday at local range and it preformed great. :)

rallyhound
February 23, 2005, 10:48 PM
I bought a para ord LTC last week. comander size, Para Cote finish which is claimed to be more corrosion resistant than stainless. stainless fire control parts.
I like it better than my Kimber. fit and finish are definately better. $525.00 at gun show in minneapolis.

Lloyd Smale
February 24, 2005, 06:58 AM
Ive got an kimber eclipse ple11 and love it.

Ala Dan
February 24, 2005, 07:33 AM
I'd have to vote for the Para LTC as well. Not familiar with the Para Kote
Regal finish; but it sure looks awesome on the web! :cool: :D

But, I still favor the full size (5") SSP with the blued Regal finish as my
personal choice in 1911 style sidearms. ;) :)

Best Wishes,

OBIWAN
February 24, 2005, 08:13 AM
Ideally look at them both.

I had a loaded operator that was scary accurate, but when I picked up a TLE/RLII I just liked it better.

Not scientific...it just felt better

OBIWAN
February 24, 2005, 08:15 AM
If I was going to buy a Para I would definitley go with the single stack

carolinaflats
February 24, 2005, 06:37 PM
I wish a store around here had a para I could look at, but I have not seen one yet. I think a fella I work with has one, I'll see if I can check it out. Thanks again.