PDA

View Full Version : Benelle SBE II and M1 Field questions

Resident
February 21, 2005, 06:15 PM
Hi!
I am really brand new to Benelli. My friend has told me that Benelli shotguns are Rolls Royce among shotguns. I got my tax return and bought 3 for my family:
1. Super Black II
2. M1 Field Super 90
3. NOVA
I have red multiple posts about load limitations and cycling problems. I also familiar with Benelli Customer Service recommendation. Most of time my shotguns will be used for clays. Please give me REAL LIFE recommendation about ammo. What ammo should I use for break in and what is lightest (the cheapest) load I will be able to cycle reliably in both SEMIAUTO shotguns?

The second question: How do you service RECOIL SPRING ASSEMBLY.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your feedback.

BLKLABMAN
February 21, 2005, 08:11 PM
I have 2 SBE II's and they have been nothing but Flawless this year after duck/goose hunting in several states.
Mine will cycle 1oz loads all day long. Not a requiremnt since it is a hunting shotgun, but it is cool.
I shoot Winchester Supreme 12ga 3" #2's and 3.5 BB's. I also shoot Kent Tungsten Matrix 3" #1's. Not one single hiccup with the function, or these loads.
When playing with the light loads I have used Kent Diamond shot 2 3/4 #8's in 1 1/8 and 1oa loads.
Clean you guns before you do anything. That include's the trigger assy and the recoil spring. You most likely will find alot of Cosmoline on the srpring. You will find that the SBE II needs alot less attenition than the M1. The M1 is a super shotgun, but in you wade hunt in the timber and the spring gets wet it will rust.
Lube with FP-10 or CLP. When shooting lube the rails with the same.
You will find that the Crio chokes throw excellent patterns even with hyper fast(1600-1730) reloads. If you like extended I have had great luck with the Briley X2 LM and the SRM Terror .675.
Congratulations on buying the BEST semi-auto's on the market. :)

BLKLABMAN
I have 2 SBE II's and they have been nothing but Flawless this year after duck/goose hunting in several states.
Mine will cycle 1oz loads all day long. Not a requiremnt since it is a hunting shotgun, but it is cool.
I shoot Winchester Supreme 12ga 3" #2's and 3.5 BB's. I also shoot Kent Tungsten Matrix 3" #1's. Not one single hiccup with the function, or these loads.
When playing with the light loads I have used Kent Diamond shot 2 3/4 #8's in 1 1/8 and 1oa loads.
Clean you guns before you do anything. That include's the trigger assy and the recoil spring. You most likely will find alot of Cosmoline on the srpring. You will find that the SBE II needs alot less attenition than the M1. The M1 is a super shotgun, but in you wade hunt in the timber and the spring gets wet it will rust.
You will find that the Crio chokes throw excellent patterns even with hyper fast(1600-1730) reloads. If you like extended I have had great luck with the Briley X2 LM and the SRM Terror .675.

BLKLABMAN