PDA

View Full Version : Taurus Mil Pro

GOTGUNS
February 20, 2005, 09:10 AM
PT745.....Anybody got one or have any info on them ??
Thanks in advance. :)

ulflyer
February 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
Your mean 145 instead of 745? The Pt145 Mil-Pro is the compact one. Had one and loved it but since I don't carry I recently sold it and bought its big brother the 24/7 in 45acp. Initially I had several failure to fires with my reloads but after loading some new brass it never happened again. Neither did it happen with the couple of boxes of factory ammo. Long but smooth trigger pull...no stacking at the end. Very easy to take apart for cleaning. If I were going to carry, I'd get one of the Mil-Pro's, maybe a 9mm as its a bit smaller.

MillCreek
February 20, 2005, 06:09 PM
No, the new 745 is a single stack .45 Millennium Pro. It also has an accessory rail on the front of the dustcover. I am hoping that Taurus will come out with a single stack 9 mm; that might give Kahr a run for their money.

Rusty Jr
February 20, 2005, 09:30 PM
I handled a 745 at a recent gun show. For a single stack, it didn't seem that much slimmer than my PT145. The weight seemed about the same too, at least as far as handling, I don't remember if the specs said it weighs less or not. Its the same grip height as my PT145 too. I can't see any advantage going from 10+1 down to 6+1, but maybe I'm missing something :rolleyes: