PDA

View Full Version : Advice on sights choice.

jetdriver
February 16, 2005, 06:01 PM
I am the proud owner of a new G21 (my second), and am lokoing for advice on better sight choices. I don't care for teh factory sights. Specifically, I am looking for and adjustable rear, and fiber optic front. Trying to decide between Heinie target style black, and MMC black, or triple dot.
I have not had the chance to try a black rear sight - I'm used to three dot setup - but if you think its better for IDPA style competitions, please let me know.

Maybe I don't even need an adjustable rear sight. Just figured I would have more control that way - if its off. Also, not sure how the sizing should be regarding two different makers for front and rear sights. Right now I'm leaning toward an MMC adj. rear (blak, or dot) and a hiviz fiber front.

Thanks in advance.

scottys1
February 16, 2005, 10:08 PM
I didn't like the stock sights on my G22 either even after filing the rear notch wider. I replaced them with MMC black sights which were a nice improvement. I shot it this way in USPSA matches for 2 yrs or so.
When I retired it from competiton for HD use, I put Mepro adjustable night sights on it which are every bit as good with tritium inserts.
MMC's are available in tritium, but the Mepro's are easier to adjust.

DanV1317
February 16, 2005, 10:11 PM
i put heinie slant straight 8 on my g17. work nice. i got the race cut from Custom Glock Racing. They make it nicey nice.

eerw
February 18, 2005, 12:37 AM
Look at the Dawson sight.. www.dawsonprecision.com
adjustable rear and FO front sight..very cool ..

the heinie is the other choice for a Glock sight..

Joe D
February 18, 2005, 04:24 AM
I, and others, find that the Heinie rear sights will loosen in the dovetail if shot a lot. I much prefer the Novak low mount rear. I use a Hi-Viz big dot molded front. The front fills the rear when viewed at arms length. They make a smaller front dot also. There are several plain black or white dot fronts that work well with the Novak rear.

Lycanthrope
February 18, 2005, 11:12 PM
I really like the MMC rear sights. Very nice choice.