PDA

View Full Version : I've embraced the dark side. Cool.

VaughnT
February 7, 2005, 10:17 PM
You guessed it, gents, I picked up my Stag lower (stripped) this afternoon and have been playing merry hell trying to get the Stag lower parts in place ever since.

Like a lot of people out there, I procrastinated on this weapon platform because of all the negative comments, especially about the 5.56 round, but I finally just had to give it a go. In fact, I would say that this was a matter of Divine Providence because the dealer I purchased the lower from was just a few miles (less than 50! :) ) down the road from my gym. I was going to the gym anyway.....

And to top if off, I couldn't get to the gym from the shop without going past another shop that just happened to be open and just happen to have a few Bushmaster 30rnd magazines in stock. The mags even have the ".gov only" rollmarks.

It was just meant to be, gentle readers.

The Stag lower is a really great piece of equipment. All of the markings are clear and sharp, as are the cuts and angles. The LPK looks like it will all fit together, though I'm a bit worried about a sharp angle in the hammer return spring. Probably nothing to it.

Anyhow, thanks for listening. And, if you get the chance, I think Henry at Title 2 firearms did a great job. I'll be buying from him again.