PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on SA XD 40

deep6blue
February 1, 2005, 09:05 PM
Just held a Springfield Armory XD this evening. Very nice feel to it. The grips fit well. And the price isn't bad either.

What are your thoughts on Springfield XD's. Reliability, accuracy. I've never shot one since the local gun shop doesn't have one to rent.

Looking at a 40 caliber.

So far I am leaning toward the Glock 22 or 23, The P229, and now maybe the XD 40. Cost is a factor. So unless I can find a good used P229, that one may be off the list.

Thanks all

chris in va
February 1, 2005, 10:01 PM
Hope you don't mind, I'm going to tag along on this question. I was all set to get a Glock 19 until I checked out the Springfield XD-9.

sindiesel666
February 1, 2005, 10:43 PM
Good guns, IMHO improvement over Glock.
Natural pointer, iron sights, grip safety really good feature. Easy takedown, very reliable, accurate, lightweight. Lifetime warranty from SA.
If you get the 40, you can buy an aftermarket barrel and shoot 9mm or 357 sig.
Finally a plethora of accessories for it, seems it took about 1.5 years for companies to catch on that XD is here to stay.

Now, for the bad.... Trigger is just barely OK compared to Glock. Glock trigger is more suited for faster shooting, it's got way quicker reset and shorter pretravel and overtravel. But there are some good smiths, namely Canyon-creek.com, who can fix the XD trigger. And Barsto is supposedly coming up with a drop-in trigger bar that overcomes all the shortcomings of the stock setup.
Sear can be polished and trigger will get better just by dry-firing...it just takes time.
Oh, they also cost about 100 bucks less than the Glocks, that buys you two more mags, a good holster and some ammo as well....I'd say go XD man, can't go wrong

TBT
February 1, 2005, 10:57 PM
I have limited experience with the Glocks, my main experience being with the G26 that I owned and didn’t like much. I have owned the SA 9mm SC though and only recently traded it for a 5” tactical 9mm due to my not wanting/needing to carry the SA.

The trigger is a little “spongy” but not really a lot more than most pistols of that sort, it’s about average IMHO. The grip safety is great in my opinion and I really like that addition. As accurate as a combat style polymer pistol should be (more accurate than most) and it feeds everything. Very good quality, top to bottom.

Lifetime warranty etc.

I think they are equal to the Glocks, but I would stop short of saying they are better. The Glock trigger is better, but it’s more expensive. If you like the added safety of the grip, that might be your tie-breaker.

For me the big difference is in the grip cant. The XD has more of a 1911 style grip whereas the Glock is really “slanted” and hard to point for some people. Feel em’ up … see what you think.

XD Niner
February 1, 2005, 11:09 PM
I bought an XD-9 Service Bi-tone about three weeks ago. I now have 1750 rounds of a wide variety of ammo through it with only one FTE. That looked to be an out-of-spec cartridge. Other than that one instance around round 650, my XD-9 has performed flawlessly.

I looked at this as well as a Glock 17 and 19. I put about 400 rounds through the rental Glocks. They were nice guns although there were several FTFs with both. However, I think this was due primarily to the fact that the range guy never cleaned them.

The features I like better about my XD-9 than the Glock 17/19 are:

Better ergonimics for me; I always point high with Glocks
Steel, three dot sights instead of those awful plastic "U" sights
About $100 less
Lifetime warranty
Stainless steel magazines slide right out
Grip safety; you don't even notice it in use
Cocked and loaded chamber indicators

That's not to say the Glocks are not great guns too. Their finish is a little better and of course they have a tremendous track record. For me, however, it was love at first sight (or more accurately, first grasp) with my XD-9.

AUG
February 1, 2005, 11:22 PM
The XD is not any cheaper than a Glock.

The only reason they are cheaper is the fact that the finish is very cheap and poor quality compared to a near ideal finish on the Glock handguns. Once a equal finish is applied to the XD it is the same price.

I know alot of people seem to be jumping on the XD bandwagon these days but the XD has alot of downside compared to the Glock (poor finish,needless and possibly dangerous grip safety, poor trigger, etc.) and only one upside ("feel") and that is subjective at best. Except for the subjective "feel" factor the Glock is superior in every way.

I think the XD feels better in my hand. I can still shoot better with my Glock even though it feels like a brick. Go figure.

sindiesel666
February 1, 2005, 11:50 PM
Sorry AUG, but your post is slightly off the mark...
XDs don't have alot of downsides compared to Glocks. Trigger and the slide finish are the only things Glock is better at. If you get the Bitone XD it's about the same in the finish dept. Warranty covers any wear on the gun, so send it in and SA fixes it for FREE.....FOREVER. What's the warranty on the Glocks??? 5 years??
Trigger is really only worse in the reset aspect, but much better in linearity of pull, and it's a single action trigger with a crisp break, more along the lines of 1911. Fix the reset and trigger is BETTER than a comparable Glock.
Grip safety is a great addition, if John Moses Browning had it on a 1911 design, it's obviously been proven a good safety design component, lasting thru 2 world wars , Korea and Vietnam....hmmmm, why would you say it's a bad thing???
XD definitively feels better in had, I have a Glock 34 and I've shoot it for about 2 years before I got the XD. First time I shot the XD, I did better than with my Glock.....it's just a better natural, instinctive pistol. Much like HP or CZ .
And it's about 100 bucks less, give or take 20$.....
Again, just my two cents....

AUG
February 2, 2005, 12:08 AM
Sorry Mr. 666 but you missed the mark.

The Glock is better in every way than the XD except for the "feel factor" and that is the same thing as saying a red car is better than a black car.

The glock is a proven weapon and the XD is not.

As for the warranty I would bet your XD will need more repairs than a Glock over a 50K rounds period so I guess the warranty is a good thing. I doubt my Glocks will ever need professional attention.

BigGun97B
February 2, 2005, 12:41 AM
I've got the XD40 Tactical and an XD9 SubCompact. I really like both of them. They are light weight and have a natural pointability. Especially the .40 Tactical. You don't really have to spend much time concentrating on aiming with that gun. It shoots at what your looking at like pointing your finger. It's a can't hardly miss weapon. I put some TFO Truglo's on the SubCompact 9mm, they are very nice sights, really bright, even in the day. I'm thinking about doing the same with the .40 Tactical, maybe Trijicons. I've never used Sigs or Glocks myself. I might get a Sig one of these days just to say I have one. But I'll stick with those XD's from now on.

accordingtome
February 2, 2005, 01:30 AM
deep6blue!!!! Glocks are nicer bla..bla..bla..bla.. :barf: you will hear that forever, ignor it. I Picked up the XD40 a month ago. 2000 rds later, No problems whatsoever. I put very old dirty wolf ammo to federal hydra in it and not one flaw. The best part is you can take it apart in less than six seconds. Clean up is sooooo simple. And i have found that as long as you keep the finish wiped with a nice oiled gun wipe it will stay nice.
Glocks are nice. XD's are nice. I vote for XD :D

schorched
February 2, 2005, 03:59 AM
Yeah, but XD's are not proven.... :rolleyes: . How many thousands of rounds do they have to shoot before they are proven anyway? I just bought an XD .40 . I say go with what your instinct and your hand tells you to go for and don't get cought up in the marketing wars. Glocks are great, great guns.......but there where great guns before them too. There not the end all be all of firearms.

Quickdraw Limpsalot
February 2, 2005, 07:35 AM
The XD's are fantastic guns. I replaced my G17 with an XD-9 and was immediately much happier with every aspect. The XD is a far, far better gun for ME. No issues with the finish if you take care of your firearms like you're supposed to.

XD not proven? Of course not, it's very new on the market in relation to the Glock, but it has managed to take "handgun of the year" a couple(?) of times now, hasn't it?

Preference is subjective, they're both quality guns and you won't go wrong with either if you buy the one that feels better for you.

deep6blue
February 2, 2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for all the info.

I just received an email from the local gunsmith. They have an XD 40 promo going on right now. It comes with a kydex holster and three hi cap mags for $499. This isn't bad considering the best price on Gunbroker.com is $399 +$20 S&H. Plus add the $30 transfer fees and credit card charge 3% (total $460).

Most XD's only come with one mag from the factory correct? So 2 extra high-cap mags plus holster should equal about $75 right? What do you all think? Good deal?

As for everyone talking about being "proven". That is a subject of time. 1911's and Glocks have been out for a long time. They have that advantage of time.

XD-Ro
February 2, 2005, 08:51 AM
check out budsgunshop.com

you can get a new xd40 for 385+shipping and transfer (tack on 3% for credit card)
three factory standard (hi) capacity mags not sure about the holster...if the factory is giving it away...you'll get one to.

I bought my XD9 from them and they had the best price I've seen
I paid 370 or so shipped to my FFL
came with three 15rd mags

I've put over 1100 rds through mine without any failures.

also chuck taylor did extensive testing of the xd9...put close to if not over 50k rds through it without a problem

heres a quote from chuck taylor

“In short, I think the XD-9 has all the traits necessary to become a legendary pistol and at the very least represents the first quantum leap in handgun technology since the Glock first appeared in the mid-1980s.”

PsychoSword
February 2, 2005, 08:54 AM
If you get the 40, you can buy an aftermarket barrel and shoot 9mm or 357 sig.

Really? I didn't know the 9mm mags would lock into the .40. How is the slide and breech interchangeable? That doesn't make any sense, please explain.

I'm not a .40 fan at all, but I've heard and seen nothing but good from the XD-40. I know a few people who own them and love them to death.

brian33x51
February 2, 2005, 08:56 AM
Nowadays I'd buy a Steyr M40 before either of these 2 pistols.

Of course I'm not really qualified to make this statement because I've only fired the Glock and XD (and am underwhelmed by both pistols).

XD-Ro
February 2, 2005, 09:04 AM
go to www.xdtalk.com for more xd info

conversion barrels can be found here:
http://www.pistol-gear.com/proddetail.php?prod=02PA

the 9mm mags have no problem locking into the .40 service models so you can use 9mm mags in a 40 to 9mm conversion without any problems.

factory springfield xd mags are extremely high quality....stainless steel body...solid construction...never had a problem

HighVelocity
February 2, 2005, 09:32 AM
I own several Glocks and an XD9 subcompact. Honestly, I don't feel that one is any better than the other. I like the fact that the XD mags are metal but that is just personal and doesn't have any advantage over the metal lined plastic. I also LIKE the grip safety.
Accessories are much more abundant and cheaper for the Glock since it's been around a lot longer.

tintcutter
February 2, 2005, 10:01 AM
I bought the 5" XD40 and like it.

I think a lot of you guys should buy a reloading manual and read it. Don't try to reload, I think you would be dangerous. Just read about the 40 and 9mm sizing and 10mm and 40 cal powder loads and respective velocities.

The guy that called the grip safety dangerous needs to read the FBI stats on firearms incidents over the years. Pointing to the use of the 1911 grip safety in WWII so much bores me. Lets just say he is the guy that is most at risk to be shot by his own firearm and he doesn't trust the idea of a grip safety. What a rocket... (apology- if the reference is to a mechanical failure)

I have personal knowledge of multiple accidental discharges involving glock over the years. Because they are so popular of course. I want the extra safety, personally, I don't want to shoot myself in the leg or in the face one night reaching around in the dark.

I read this israeli civil defense thing about not carrying rounds in the chamber. Americans can't seem to understand the point. Then shoot themselves. Darwin at work I guess.

qwert.380
February 2, 2005, 11:41 AM
I bought my XD-40 service about 6 days ago and have over 500 rounds through it and not one problem. I got the gun 3 15rd. mags a XD-gear fobus and a nice carrying case for 475 out the door. My dad has a G23 and that was aslo a choice but I was sold on the XD as soon as i saw it (love at first sight) and you cant touch a used sig in my area for 550 or less. Lots of people complain about the finish but as long as you take good care of your XD then you probably will not have a problem but if you do the SA has a lifetime warenty and they will fix it.

I dont understand how anyone can say that the XD is not proven. How long has the Croation army been using this exact pistol?

About the other caliber barrels you can buy them for about 130$ drop them in and go. You dont even need to buy new mags for the 357 and many people are modifying their 40 mags to work for the 9.

I shoot much better with my XD than my dads G23 he also shoots beter with the XD.

Just my .02 but I am a XD lover

Stephen A. Camp
February 2, 2005, 12:50 PM
Hello. Here are some observations on the XD. The one tested was in 9mm, but I assume that much would apply to the .40 as well:

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/SpringfieldXD9.htm

Best.

MX5
February 2, 2005, 02:31 PM
The 5 inch XD Tactical is the rage in IPSC Production Division for guys who don't like Glock ergonomics. The triggers can be made as good or better than a Glock, including pull, pre-travel and over travel. With a little tinkering, the pistol is awesome. I know a couple of GM Production shooters using the XD and I also know a couple of M class shooters on the virge of GM who are switching from Glock in one case and CZ in the other case to an XD. Then again, there are several GM shooters who just bailed on the Glock and went to the CZ. Of course, the top Production shooter is sticking with Glock. Oh my, looks like it's the Indian and not the arrow.

G56
February 2, 2005, 04:15 PM
I wouldn't recommend a Glock in 40 S&W, the GLOCK has a real problem with the unsupported case head on their 40 models, they have the least cartridge case support among all the popular brands in that caliber, and this has led to many ruptured cases in the Glock.

Take a good close look at the ruptured cases shown on the page link below, and note that these occur at the part of the case that is unsupported in the Glocks.

Glock KB FAQ (http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html)

HighVelocity
February 2, 2005, 04:48 PM
That Kb page was interesting reading. However, my Glock 22 has had umpteen thousands of rounds put through it, all sorts of factory and handloads yet it remains in one piece. Mine is an early second gen built in 1990. Are newer Glocks more likely to go kaboom?

Rojoe67
February 2, 2005, 05:11 PM
I had and enjoyed my XD-40, 4" , olive poly, I bought new for 429.00 about one year ago. My only and I mean only issue was it's size and weight were just a little more than I wanted to tote all day. The pistol was very, very good on the range..... I put a mixed diet of around maybe +600 and never a failure. It has so many good things to talk about it..... I liked the safety system......grip, trigger, loaded indicator. It's break down for cleaning was about a 10 second deal if you move slow...... I hate to say I did part with it. But someday again I will own another - this time the compact 3" in 9mm so I can shoot it a little more for a little less....

If I had to rate it for the guns I have owned I give it a 10 out of 10 being highest....

I have also read a lot of positive articles regarding the XD-40

Good luck.......... :)

sindiesel666
February 2, 2005, 08:23 PM
Dude, all I can say is that my Glock 34 is up for sale right now as I type this. And Glock 34 is probably the nicest Glock 9 mm they make. Adjustable sights, maritime cups, lightened slide, extended mag release and slide release, 3.5 pound connector.....the whole nine yards.
I bought XD9 and had both of them for about 6 months. I only wanted one 9mm gun, so one had to go. My biggest doubt about the XD was long term reliability, and ability to feed different kinds of ammo. My Glock went thru 1000 rounds with regular cleanings after each shooting session. The following 2000+ rounds were shot without ANY CLEANING. Never jammed once, never failed to feed, extract or otherwise mess up.
I proceeded to shoot XD over 1200 rounds, one jam when my friend was shooting it, failed to feed, the bullet stopped halfway up the ramp. TAP, and it was fine.
XD just feels much better, and all my friends that shoot it are really impressed with it. My buddy (the one who had the jam) ended up buying a 5 inch Tactical XD40 a week later. He loves it, no problems with his gun at all. About 400 rounds thru his.
Rent one or shoot someone elses on the range and make up your mind.
They're less expensive, made just as well, have better features, natural pointers, etc......
Glocks have better slide finish and marginally better trigger, and a huge MARKETING machine behind them....but make sure you look at what XD offers, you won't be disappointed....

AUG
February 3, 2005, 02:25 AM
This post is like a meeting place for sheep. The XD is a new pistol guys. You are not on the leading edge of a revolution. Don't try to make it out like you are pioneer's. The XD is the "fad of the day" and you all have bought the BS hook, line, and sinker.

chris in va
February 3, 2005, 02:52 AM
What is the 'BS' then, AUG? I'd like to know, as I'm considering getting one for carry instead of a G19 that doesn't fit my hands.

Lord_Nikon
February 3, 2005, 04:03 AM
This post is like a meeting place for sheep. The XD is a new pistol guys. You are not on the leading edge of a revolution. Don't try to make it out like you are pioneer's. The XD is the "fad of the day" and you all have bought the BS hook, line, and sinker.

Didn't you see this?

Glocks have... a huge MARKETING machine behind them

Isn't it possible that your "Glocks are better in every way" attitude could just be you sheepishly repeating what you're told?

Quickdraw Limpsalot
February 3, 2005, 07:14 AM
Y'know, it's blind generalizations like Mr. Aug's up there that really turn me off to the Glock crowd. That's a pretty piss poor attitude you've got there, Auggie.

BigGun97B
February 4, 2005, 01:31 AM
AUG sounds like a Glock dealer. XD's got Gun of the Year from Gander Mountain and NRA's American Rifleman. Sounds to me like he don't know hog jowls from horse****.

ajamesp51
February 4, 2005, 02:34 AM
Aug how long does the XD have to be out to be proven. The XD and HS2000 design has been around now for 5 years and is in use all around the world. So by your definition at what point is it proven please let us know.
If I remeber right 5 yrs after the Glock design had been out it was accepted as proven. Heck you know I never hear that argument about the newer walther, sig, SW fireams I think your alittle unshure about your Glocks and the XD is easy to write off as unproven. How old is the 1911 design yet every single company that makes them has ones that still dont work 100% and the 1911 is proven so age dont mean a thing, if the individual pistol works then its proven no matter the company or design.
The HS2000 is used by the Croation, macedonian, Bosnian police forces as well as made it to final testing in the Philippines (testing not finished and Glock did not make it by the way) and is used by the USDA and other US police departments

And Aug about being a fad...they said the same thing about Glocks so at least the XD is in good company as far as the fad dept is concerned :)

zappadragon
February 4, 2005, 03:42 AM
never shot one but I have heard nothing but good things about the XD's. my range doesn't have one for rent yet either. o well good luck

deep6blue
February 4, 2005, 09:36 AM
Well, I did it. I bought the XD40 last night. Should be able to pick it up next week. I bought the model with the trijicon sights. Figured it was cheaper to get them now than to wait later.

Now, the exitement builds. I can't wait. I have started looking for mods and stuff.

I'll start a new thread on mods for the XD40.

Flashman
February 5, 2005, 11:10 PM
do you have any additional comments on the XD-9 since your preliminary article. I am curious whether your opinion has changed after shooting the XD-9 for a while.

Thanks.

glennv
February 6, 2005, 09:45 AM
I ran out saturday to buy a new XD tactical in 9mm. The thing felt great in the hand. Points real nice. Finish looked fine to me. Trigger pull was fine. It came with three mags and a holster. Price was on the money. I bought another glock. I pick it up in 7 days.

sindiesel666
February 6, 2005, 10:11 AM
ya'll making me wanna buy another XD..maybe subcompact or .45 GAP ...crap, decisions , decisions....
Nah, I'm saving up for my 8mm Yugo Muser from Aimsurplus, maybe an SKS too....

9mmsnoopy
February 7, 2005, 06:56 PM
i have an xd 9 and a glock 26 9mm and i like them both alot, cant say that one is any better than the other other than that the glock just feels like its abit more rugged. having said that though, i have 1600 rounds thru my springy and not a single jam ftf or anything.

tulsamal
February 7, 2005, 08:52 PM
I love my Glock 17 (first generation). I've carried and shot it a BUNCH. But I'm still interested in getting a five inch XD. Can't have too many guns! But I'm looking very hard at getting one in .45 GAP. I'm not really a .40 S&W fan. The .45 GAP guns are finally starting to ship. I'm starting to see photos of the guns in the hands of regular people. I'm pretty sure I need one!

Gregg

accordingtome
February 11, 2005, 03:10 AM
Damn.. what to do .. i want a 9mm now too. I have to stop reading this thread :rolleyes:

blacklabelsociety
February 11, 2005, 09:30 AM
I quote Chris farley:

"I can take a dump in a box, slap a garauntee on it, and in the end, all the guy knows is that he's bought a garaunteed piece of sh**."

Why would a company need to offer a lifetime warranty? Is it because they are not confident in their product?

I garauntee you that the XD will need a lot more maintenance than my Glock. And wouldn't it suck if the failure occured when you really needed it.

Not saying the XD's aren't a nice gun, but don't go so far as saying they are better than Glock's yet, especially if you base that soley on how they feel in your hand.

And don't talk to me about $$$. $100 extra should not matter if this thing will save your life some day. Can you put a price on that?

In the end, no real reason for the XD bieng "better" than a Glock has been mentioned yet.

I would rather have a gun that I know is going to get the job done, every time I need it. I know my Glock will. Maybe the XD will too, but it's going to take some time to prove that.

gdog
February 11, 2005, 12:08 PM
I noticed that blackabelsociety bought his first pistol on 01-27-2005.A glock.I suggest people read the previous post of people before letting them influence you.

Ed

WaltherP99
February 11, 2005, 12:31 PM
I am another one tired of hearing "Glock Rules". I went to Cabelas yesterday and tried out the XD SC and a few of the Glocks. Needless to say I will once again pass up on the Glock. Kinda odd tho that the whole kB thing is talked about when Glock's come into the picture.

J 92 Brigadier
February 11, 2005, 06:25 PM
I have a Glock G30 and a new XD-9. No doubt the Glock has a better finish. But the take down procedure on the Glock is not as safe. You must pull the trigger before opening the slide. On the XD-9 you first open the slide. From personal experience, there is a greater possibility for an accident due to rushing and carelessness with a Glock.

WaltherP99
February 12, 2005, 01:37 AM
Welp....Has been decided. Gonna be pickin' up an XD40 this weekend. Checked it out yesterday and loved it I tell ya :) Man I can't wait!!!!!

Silence214
February 12, 2005, 10:54 PM

And the Glock was a new, unproven pistol at one time also. So whats the point??

I have witnessed the accuracy and reliability of the XD pistol (about 2 dozen in fact) up to 13,000 + rounds. The accuracy is every bit as good as the Glock and has shown itself to be as tuff and reliable. Yes the finish is not near the finish of a Glock, that is true. But nothing else has shown itself to be a "lesser" pistol than the Glock in any way, shape or form. True maybe the XD wont last to 100,000 rounds like a Glock has. Probably will only make it to 99,000 rounds.

I remember when the Beretta 92 was the "fad". Boy what a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] that pistol turned out to be.

My only advice is to stop sleeping with your Glock and allow others their preferences, whether right or wrong.

SF around the world
August 19, 2005, 01:28 PM
I've dealt with firearms for over twenty years worth of military service. Yes I remeber using the 1911, M-9, but I've tried the glock it's a nice piece but the XD saved my ass twice. Yes glock's do jam up as well as any firearm not taken care of

Lieut96
August 19, 2005, 01:54 PM
I do not understand why many GLOCK owners feel the need to rip apart any other gun. Different people prefer different guns so what. I only own three handguns at present. A XD9 service, GLOCK 23 and A S&W model 65 357 mag.
I like each one. I can not understand this need that some owners have (mostly GLOCK) to trash any other handgun.
There are many handguns out there as good as a GLOCK it is just a matter of personal preference.

kgpcr
August 19, 2005, 02:20 PM
Blacklabel
I have beat the s**t out of my XD40 not cleaned it in over 1000 rounds, shot underpowered reloads out of it and not one problem. What do you base the need to more repairs on? I have friends who shot Glocks and now shoot XD's and good for them. Glock makes a good gun just not for me. If XD made a .45 ACP instead of a GAP i think the Gap would be dead. I love me XD's. no more Glocks for me

CraZkid
August 19, 2005, 05:19 PM
Top ten reasons why XDs are better than Glocks:
1)Never heard of an XD KBing; could that be because if has a fully supported chamber?
2)Price
3)Ease of takedown
4)Buy one gun and 2 barrels, get three guns!
5)Points naturaly
6)Grip not a brick
7)Safeties, chamber loaded and cocked indicators
8)Better sights
9)I get nervous whenever an Austrian start talking about "perfection"
10)I get really nervous when people blindly belive everything that said Austrian says

Any others, please add.

rlp1970
August 20, 2005, 10:17 PM
I Love my XD !! I carry concealed I like the beavertail in the grip of the XD extra SAFETY

Nimitz87
August 20, 2005, 11:41 PM
i handled one today...hopefully purchasing one tommrow.

question about the "buy 2 barrels = 3 guns"

i dont get that...if i buy an XD-40 9mm/.357SIG are interchangeable?....or what?

im looking into getting the xd-9..i can buy a .40S&W barrel and use the same mags?... :confused:

i shot a glock today about 250 rounds....glock 19 is just not for me. albiet they are reliable as the dickens, but the grip angle is just :barf: (raised on the 1911)....

the XD-9 just FITS my hand....like a glove. hmmmm maybe thats why there ad. is a picture of someones hand? :cool:

Chad

CraZkid
August 21, 2005, 05:13 PM
If you buy the .40, you can buy .357 Sig and 9mm barrels. .357 Sig uses the same mags as the .40. You may need different mags for the 9mm, but I have heard of people modifying .40 mags to fit. However it is probly not best to go from .40 to 9mm back to .40 back to 9mm, etc.

garryc
January 12, 2006, 07:23 AM
I bought two HS 2000 pistols some years ago, in 2001 I think. They cost me about $245 each. Today they are called the XP. Same gun esentially but at about twice the price. I guess thats whats in a brand name

Quickdraw Limpsalot
January 12, 2006, 07:42 AM
Supply and demand, man. What did you pay for heating your home this month?