PDA

View Full Version : a question for beretta storm owners!

9mmsnoopy
January 30, 2005, 01:10 PM
what if anything are ya'll using on the exterior of your storms(the polymer parts) to keep them nice and clean/shiny looking? regular gun oil? armorall? i definately want to keep mine in like new condition, im kinda picky that way with my guns. thanks!

Arc Angel
February 1, 2005, 06:55 PM
:) Definitely,

http://www.ballistol.com/

(You won't be disappointed!) ;)

JackDRipper
February 2, 2005, 12:39 AM
On the Beretta forum a guy said he uses Pledge furniture polish.
I haven't used anything on mine yet, looks great.
JR

Arc Angel
February 2, 2005, 01:23 AM
:) Furniture polish and Armorall can leave a sticky residue on plastic and build up over time. Trust me on this one: D-6 polymer (industrial grade gun plastic) definitely responds well to Ballistol. ;)

accordingtome
February 2, 2005, 01:52 AM
I want one sooo bad .. argghh.. if you could feel my pain in commiefornia. Sooooo bad. :(
:mad: Damn commie, stupid, wannabe cool, stinking, retarded ass, liberal, dorky, donkey ass kissing, buffalo butt, pig sticking, Kerry loving son of a duck gun haters of california. :mad: Man they suck poo

Arc Angel
February 2, 2005, 10:03 AM
:confused: Then am I to conclude that me and my AK-47's, AR-15's, and all of my Glock pistols with their high capacity magazines are not welcome in California? Isn't there some way to get around this - cause I may have to move to this communist state whether I want to or not! :eek:

(Tell me it can be done: additional registration fees, special licenses, papal dispensation, the 2nd amendment - something! How can all the gun owners in California be this [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color]? Your present governor became a multi-millionaire with a machinegun in each hand!) :(

accordingtome
February 3, 2005, 01:48 AM
Warren Worthington the III when you move here just drive and take them with you. If you go to the range no one is going to stop you and ask to see your reg. Go to the outdoor ranges cops go to and you will see lots of ar's no ak's though. just keep that one at home.. or give it to me. hehee jk.
No gun owner will turn you in. Good luck. Also it depends on what part of the state you live in North cali is super liberal but if you go down to la its not so bad. Daygo is the best i heard :D

rbernie
February 3, 2005, 11:07 AM
Go to your local motorcycle shop and get some 'Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish'. It's what's used to keep all of the plastic bits on motorcycles clean and healthy. It's soooo good that most non-Honda dealerships have started stocking it, too, at least in my neck of the woods.

357SIG
February 4, 2005, 03:06 AM
Ballistol LUBE or Sportsman's Oil ???

Arc Angel
February 5, 2005, 08:54 AM
:) Here I am covered in Ballistol. (I, just, finished mounting a removable bracket and optics onto an Arsenal AK/variant; and I had to, first, remove the, 'bluing rust' from all the hardware.) Then I see this post. Ballistol is Ballistol - It is, simply, marketed under different titles in the United States.

I worked inside yesterday and this morning with all the windows closed. I needed an excellent cleaner; and, if I had used anything else, my wife would have been, 'all over me' (The way she usually does!) for stinking up the house.

Frankly, I love this stuff. Work with it all day: no skin damage, no harsh reactions or stink, and all the crude comes off. (I do use gloves for heavy cleaning; but that's not because of the Ballistol; it's because of the dirty chemical residues that it dissolves and picks up!)

I use Ballistol and IOSSO bore cleaning paste almost exclusively (Well, sometimes, a little Sweet's 7.62) and I may start buying it by the gallon in the future. For long term storage I place Sentry Solutions, 'Smooth Kote' inside the barrel and, 'Blue Bag' the guns. They keep for years without a mark when stored in this way.

Now I hate working with, 'Smooth Kote' because it IS toxic; but I've yet to find anything that: 'lasts forever', also lubricates, doesn't pickup dirt, and keeps moisture out of a barrel better than, 'Smooth Kote'. (Just don't get it on your skin!) ;)