PDA

View Full Version : Any CZ40P Owners?

rogerwilco
January 24, 2005, 01:42 PM
I'm thinking hard on a CZ40P for my next purchase. For $290 NIB I don't think I can go wrong. The only thing I am hearing bad about the CZ40P is that the stock main spring is a little light and sometimes results in jams. Also I read that the guide rod seems a little short. Any owners out there that can help ease my concerns?

Sigma9
January 24, 2005, 02:27 PM
I've had one for about 3 months; great gun! no problems with factory spring, but I have replaced the guide rod with a FLGR; really haven't noticed much difference. Again, this is a great gun for the money. Try the cz forum--you'll get a lot of praise there for this little gem.

rogerwilco
January 24, 2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah I kinda had my mind made up to get one before I went over to the CZ forum to read up . Then I started seeing this guy 12 Volt Man over there (and other forums) trying to sell his products. You know...the guide rod...the bushings...It got me thinking ....Why buy a gun that isn't built right from the factory and have to put another 50 bux into it just to get to be reliable. I should just pay an extra $100 and get an XD40. Well you can't ley guys like that make you believe things that really aren't true. Yeah the guide rod might be a little short and made of plastic but I guess CZ made them like that for a reason. If they are defective I would hope CZ would replace them with a more updated version.

FirstFreedom
January 24, 2005, 04:41 PM
Where are they for that price?

rogerwilco
January 24, 2005, 04:51 PM
The same dealer I just bought A NIB P95 for $249. A non store front dealer here in Va I buy from quite often at Local Gun Shows.

Sigma9
January 24, 2005, 06:11 PM
I think you will find that every gun ever made will have replacements, upgrades, etc. available; some people want to customize and some don't; if you get a 40P and like it stock, then more power to you; some of us like to add/replace some things. I bought a FLGR, custom wood grips from Omega8Omega and couldn't be happier with it.

rellascout
January 24, 2005, 07:24 PM
You can get them all day long for $300 out the door. They are a Frankengun. They are modified P01 frames with a CZ-40B slide. When Colt back out of the deal to cross market the 1911 styled 40B CZ took all the leftover slides and built the 40P. That is why you see them advertised as limited production guns. I looked long and hard at them but went with the P01 in 9mm instead. Not a knock on the 40P I just liked the P01 better.

There is nothing wrong with the 40P stock. 12 Volt Man owns the CZ board. He is a avid CZ guy. His guide rods are improvements but are not necessary. The guide rod is short because it was orginal designed for the P01 not the 40P. The 40P is a great gun and if you ended up not liking it you could get rid of it for what you paid in a heart beat. In fact I think if you held on to it for another 6 months untill they are gone for the new market you could probably get more than you paid. IMHO

Rellascout

N.H. Yankee
January 25, 2005, 08:24 AM
I have one and it is the most accurate 40 I ever owned outside of my S&W Shoty Forty custom shop which was $1050 new. The gun has been 100% reliable and was designed to have the feel of the 1911 as I read where it was originally a Colt CZ venture then Colt bailed before the project was completed. I have shot both factory and reloads and all fed well and I have shot ragged hole groups at 50ft with the right ammo and the gun doesnt have the first shot flyer syndrome which I distain. CZ handguns are the sleepers of the gun world and the price cant be beat. The CZ is used by more foreign PD's and military than any other gun, A title the Hi-power used to own so that syas something in itself.

mbott
January 25, 2005, 07:30 PM
N.H.Yankee,

You're describing the CZ 40B which is CZ's version of the Colt Z 40. It, too, is a nice gun. The CZ 40P is a CZ 40B slide on a CZ P-01 frame. They're both .40 caliber guns.

The more I shoot the CZ 40P, the more I believe it's the most accurate .40 CZ there is.

Tomorrow, I should pick up my new CZ 75 Compact .40. This is a steel-framed .40 caliber based on the 9mm P-01. Can't wait.

--
Mike

12 Volt Man
January 25, 2005, 10:03 PM
12 Volt Man owns the CZ board.
Not sure whether to take offense to that comment or to laugh. Kev owns that forum, he started it and it is supported by the members. Which by the way, we are trying to get the money together now to keep that forum pop-up free.

rogerwilco:
You have been given good advice on three different forums that I have seen. I answered on the CZ forum and on THR. I'll answer here too.

I agree with rellascout. Like I put on the other forums, in a few months when the supply dries up you will be able to sell that gun for at least what you have into it. May even go up in value a little as they become harder to get.

Whether you decide to modify the gun or not is up to you. There are a ton of aftermarket parts and accessories out there for almost every gun. A lot of guys won't even shoot a 1911 untill it has $500.00 worth of work done to it. Even the XD-40 (another nice choice) that you mention has sights, guide rods, grip mods etc.... available for it.

Modified or not, the 40P is a better gun than the Ruger you were looking at. More accurate than any out of the box .40 caliber pistol that I have shot. It will function as it comes from the factory. But I believe it can be made to function better with the mods I and others on the CZ forum came up with.

Buy the gun, you won't regret that. If you decide you want to play around with aftermarket parts then that is great too. Buy the parts from me and if you don't like them, send them back for a refund minus shipping. No big deal there.

Bottom line, the 40P is a great gun.

rogerwilco
January 26, 2005, 12:37 AM
I got the response I was looking for...I think I got your attention on all three boards. You gotta watch who you trust now a days. You have found a nice little niche in selling your after market parts and I applaud you for that. But I wanted to see how you would react to someone challenging your product. You seem to defend the CZ as well as the parts that you sell. If making money was the issue I think you would be a little more defensive in support of your products and probably have a few choice word for me as well. Your answer to me seems genuine and I believe that you a just a CZ lover that's trying to help some folks out. Oh believe me there are some real jerks around just trying to make a buck from gullible peeps who will believe anything. Just trying to cover my bases that's all. :D

12 Volt Man
January 27, 2005, 11:11 AM
Thanks RW, let us know if you get one. I am sure you will like it.

rellascout
January 27, 2005, 12:06 PM
Sorry I did not mean to offend you reguarding ownership of the CZ board. It is a great rescource and help me pick up a CZ P01. Looking for a CZ 40P very soon.

Rellascout