PDA

View Full Version : New acquisition

michburt
January 20, 2005, 02:48 PM
Hi,

This my first post, so be gentle.

A girl in our office is moving and she previously hauled the duffle bag her father had everytime she moved. This time she said she didn't want to, she was tired of hauling it around. She said it had a helmet, a soft hat, some boots, a bayonet, a short side knife and a gun. Both "knives" are beautiful. Heraldic Eagle with a Nazi emblem on the handle of the big one. She asked if I wanted it and I naturally said yes.

The pistol is a P-38 in a holster, with the authorization slip to bring or send home signed by a Captain of 111th Engineers. On the right side of slide there is a small Nazi "heraldic eagle" stamp. The holster has a place for an extra clip on the front. There is,also a little holster inside the holster that contains a small tool.

The whole purpose of this post is; What is that tool for? It really doesn't look like it fits anything.

Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Mike :)

Bullrock
January 20, 2005, 06:01 PM
You should have offered her $10.00 for it so she wouldn't have to carry it around anymore.

Only kidding! Welcome to FL... I'm WWII gen. but can't help you with your question. I'm sure that someone on FL can. There is a bunch of wisdom with this group, not including myself, however...

beenthere
January 21, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'll bet it's something for takedown, field stripping or some such operation. but I'll defer to those wiith much greater expertise to give a definitive answer. Sounds like quite a find though and unusual to have that kind of documentation. :)

Blind Tree Frog
January 21, 2005, 02:19 PM
not that i'd know, but what does the tool look like?