PDA

View Full Version : Smith & Wesson Model 469 Mini

defjon
January 14, 2005, 08:25 PM
Howdy everybody. I just joined up here, and I've been browsing these forums for a long ass time though, a wealth of info here! Most of it firsthand too which is the best kind :)

I turn 21 in feb, so needless to say the past few months I've been researching my ass off trying to find some good guns to buy!

My girlfriend is getting me a Bersa thunder duo-tone as a present, so I'll have a .380 (and free, to boot!) Muah.

But...I'd like something else for myself, with a little more bang if you will. I've considered a Rossi .357 in stainless, just coz I found one for $270 and I know that the .357 is pretty much the best all around man stopper, EG great for home defense!

However...tis a snubbie...and...bleh.

Also looked at a SW model 66...also stainless witha four inch barrel, used for 350. Great condition, may still go with that one. I don't mind revolvers, though have always prefered semi's.

While browsing the SW revolver section at my local gun shop I was shown a great little semi, a model 469 mini. It's a 9mm, with a 12 round mag. It's like new, in the box, 99% blue, excellent bore and grips.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any info on this gun for me! Is it a good buy for me? I'm a student and on a pretty fixed budget, if it goes to hell on me I'll be gunless! Also, they are asking $385 for it. Is this a good buy? How reliable/durable is this Smith?

Thanks for all the info here guys! I've learned a lot about a lot of different guns.

PS- (Also thinking of a Kel tec p11? 249.99 at my local shop brand new)

defjon
January 14, 2005, 09:04 PM
Anybody around??

ISP2605
January 14, 2005, 10:29 PM
My issued duty gun for a while was a 469. It was OK but I never really warmed to it. When I was in unifoirm and SWAT I had been carrying my personally owned 459 which I had slicked and tuned. It was a very good shooter. When I went into plain clothes I was issued the 469. I carried it for a few months but it just wasn't the gun as my 459. So I gave them back the 469 and went back to my 459 in plain clothes. There really wasn't anything wrong with the 469 and it shot pretty well.
Can't comment on the price as I haven't been keeping up with their prices.

Geoff Timm
January 15, 2005, 08:06 AM
Far better to get the .22LR Version of the Bersa, and practice, Practice, PRACTICE!!

Then work out into other firearms.

Geoff
Who has a .45 or two and a .22 version. :cool:

rick7762
February 28, 2005, 10:03 PM
I purchased my model 469 (my first semi-auto) in 1984, it had a "Satin Nickel" finish and I got a lot of compliments on it. Brand new I paid $315 which I thought was a pretty good deal I bought it from a very small dealer in PA. I got turned on to semi's by my boss at the time who was very proud of his browning 380 which he bought used and paid much more for it then my 469. I was on a tight budget at the time so I was firing the cheapest 9mm ammo I could find, aluminum jacket, etc. that gun never and I mean never jammed or stovepiped one time and I really can't tell you how many rounds went through that gun but believe me when I tell you it was a bunch and every time I shot with my boss his 380 would jam and I would just smile and keep blasting! My only complaint was the "concealed hammer" you could cock it but it was tricky and was really hard on my thumb due to the design of the hammer. I kept the gun for about 3 years and when I needed some money I wound up selling it to a dealer for $350, I would buy another one new but I would not pay any more than $400, the grips were easy to change and if 12 rounds weren't enough you could get larger mags.