PDA

View Full Version : Saw my first certified pre-owned Sig today

Sodbuster
January 7, 2005, 06:11 PM
A local shop had a 228 in stock. I was surprised to it in a retail outlet. Other than wear on the serrations of the decocking lever and the slide catch, I would never had known it was used. No wear on the slide or frame. The mags showed wear also. Asking price was $519. I don't know how that compares with, say, CDNN's price. I would hope CDNN's prices are lower judging by some of the comments I've heard. The point is, it looked to be in great condition. I'm thinking of buying one to go with my other 228. That pistol is perfect. For me.

SanDiegan
January 7, 2005, 09:21 PM
Visit www.sigarms.com to verify the dealer is one that SIG has on their roster of approved stores. I bought my 226 pre owned for $460, but it probably had just a bit more wear than yours sounds. Verify the gin has the instruction manual stamped "Pre-Owned".

Sodbuster
January 7, 2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up, San Diegan. I plan on ordering one from Jerry's Sporting Goods through a very good friend, for an excellent price. Jerry's and CDNN have both been out of stock, but I spoke with Sig today and they say the pre-owned pistol program is going to continue.

mikikanazawa
January 8, 2005, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the report. I was curious about those. I called SIG to ask them what happens to the guns between the time they're acquired by SIG and end up on store shelves. With the exception of the frame, slide, barrel and major trigger/action parts, "everything that wears is replaced." I would take that to mean all the springs, extractor, firing pin and maybe slide stop.

Jim Watson
January 8, 2005, 06:49 AM
I just bought a P226 CPO. Ordered as a pig in a poke, both dealer and I were surprised when one of the matte nickel guns came in with the CPO box and band. Except for some wear on the grips and levers it is in top-notch shape, with hardly any scuffing of the plating and no marks on the frame anodizing.
The previous gun he got, a CPO P229 had new springs, roll pins, AND BARREL in a refinished slide with hardly any wear to the frame. Looked like a new gun in the showcase.

I think this program is going to put a massive hurting on the ordinary police surplus and second hand market in Sig-Sauers. The likes of CDNN had better get VERY cheap to be worthwhile.

action barbi
January 8, 2005, 02:07 PM
Great, another option I have for acquiring a Sig P226 at a reduced price as a gift for my son.

cheers, ab